Re: [Minolta] (unknown)

  • Magnus Wedberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3 1:40 AM
      Mike Riach wrote, On 2012-04-03 10:07:
      > http://[urlremoved].com/textpattern/include/nav5.php

      This is an attempt to install a trojan on your computers. Do not,
      repeat, DO NOT go there.

      Mike, you are very likely to be infected.

      Regards / Magnus

      --
      Magnus Wedberg
      http://www.magnuswedberg.com/
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3 4:53 AM
        Thanks for picking this up. He has been put on moderation pending a
        clean sweep. This is not a new member attempting to immediately
        spam/trojan your computer. It is an older member who apparently got
        infected in another way and it is being passed along.

        Tony Cooper
        www.tlcphotography.com

        On 4/3/2012 4:40 AM, Magnus Wedberg wrote:

        > Mike Riach wrote, On 2012-04-03 10:07:
        > > http://[urlremoved].com/textpattern/include/nav5.php
        >
        > This is an attempt to install a trojan on your computers. Do not,
        > repeat, DO NOT go there.
        >
        > Mike, you are very likely to be infected.
        >
        > Regards / Magnus
        >
        > --
        > Magnus Wedberg
        > http://www.magnuswedberg.com/
        > mw AT 9000.org
        > Warning! Objects in viewfinder may be closer than they appear.

      • Wesley Furr
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3 5:01 AM
          This sort of thing seems to be becoming the plague of Yahoo Groups... From
          what I've seen, I honestly think it is a spammer that is managing to get
          ahold of people's email addresses and somehow those associated with them,
          and then spoofing their email address and sending out this junk. In every
          case where I've seen follow-up, folks indicate they have checked out their
          computer and all is well. Unfortunately, it is easy to send out an email to
          look like it comes from someone else...and in the case of Yahoo Groups, if
          it looks like it is coming from that person, it goes through to the group if
          they aren't moderated. Only solution I've found is to moderate them for a
          month or so until it stops happening... Only way to completely prevent it
          is to moderate every single message from everyone, and that's not really a
          reasonable solution...

          Wesley

          Thanks for picking this up. He has been put on moderation pending a clean
          sweep. This is not a new member attempting to immediately spam/trojan your
          computer. It is an older member who apparently got infected in another way
          and it is being passed along.

          Tony Cooper
          www.tlcphotography.com
        • Rodger Richardson
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3 6:20 PM
            Well if its any help, if you were infected, there is a program called “combofix” that I have used before on this type of infection.

            Just make sure you read the instructions carefully before you use it and of course be careful of the source.