Minn-Max Rides – Update

  • Adam D.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2001
      Friends,

      Well, the Sunday, July 22nd ride didn't happen. This was in part
      because of the rainy morning weather and in part due to a technical
      issue the prevented the Ride-Captain from accessing the internet.
      This kept Tim from getting info out to where and when the ride would
      be and also from getting people's phone numbers from our contact
      list. For future rides we will endeavor to have the info posted
      further in advance plus the Ride-Captain for a particular event will
      have a print out of club members names and numbers.

      On that note, anyone who believes that they will be coming to a ride
      should be sure the Ride-Captain for the event is aware you plan on
      attending. This will make coordinating the event much easier.

      UPCOMING RIDES:

      Sat Aug 11th - Skooter-Du 2 (Minn-Max Ride-Captain: Adam)
      Sun Sep 9th - A southwest ride (Ride-Captain: Adam)
      Sat Oct 6th - A northwest or northeast ride (Ride-Captain ???)

      SKOOTER-DU 2 RIDE – August 11th
      As already announced, we plan on tying in with The Regulars Vintage
      Scooter Rally, Skooter-Du 2. We'll meet at 10am for Breakfast at
      Bruegger's Bagel, 4412 France Ave S. Minneapolis. Registration for
      Scooter-Du 2 is $10, due at that time and includes a patch and lunch.
      At 11:15 am everyone rides out to Minnetonka, stopping at Shaver Park
      in Wayzata for a cook out, and some beach time. There are evening
      events and more activities on Sunday for those who wish to indulge.
      There are also Friday night activities for those seeking an earlier
      start on the fun. For more info on Scooter-Du 2, pop on over to their
      website at:

      http://www.minnescoota.com/skooterdu/2001/index.html

      As I said before, my wife's cousins are visiting from California, so
      for myself I'll only be able to do the Saturday breakfast, ride, and
      picnic.

      WEEKNIGHT RIDE – August 16th
      My last message on this topic brought up the possibility of a
      weeknight ride, meeting at some coffee house to discuss plans for the
      club followed by a short scoot around the city lakes. Some folks have
      expressed interest, but finding a time is difficult at best.

      Based on the info I have, I've selected Thursday, August 16, 2001.
      The question is when and where. I'm good friends of the owner of
      Boathouse Coffee at the corner of Cedar Ave South and 42nd Street
      East, so I purpose this as the starting location. After we meet, we
      can head south a few block and pickup Minnehaha Parkway, then head
      west to ride around, Lakes Harriet, Calhoun, and Lake of the Isles.

      Since this is an after dinner thing, would meeting at 7pm and
      starting the ride at 8pm work out?

      - Adam D. -
    • Adam D.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7, 2001
        Just a reminder...

        SKOOTER-DU 2 RIDE – August 11th
        We are planning on tying in with The Regulars Vintage Scooter Rally,
        Skooter-Du 2. We'll meet at 10am for Breakfast at Bruegger's Bagel,
        4412 France Ave S. Minneapolis. Registration for Scooter-Du 2 is $10,
        due at that time and includes a patch and lunch. At 11:15 am everyone
        rides out to Minnetonka, stopping at Shaver Park in Wayzata for a
        cook out, and some beach time. There are evening events and more
        activities on Sunday for those who wish to indulge. There are also
        Friday night activities for those seeking an earlier start on the
        fun. For more info on Scooter-Du 2, pop on over to their website at:

        http://www.minnescoota.com/skooterdu/2001/index.html

        As I said before, my wife's cousins are visiting from California, so
        for myself I'll only be able to do the Saturday breakfast, ride, and
        picnic.

        Looks like we're going to catch a break from the heat, as Saturday's
        forcast calls for temps in the upper 70s.

        - Adam D. -