Very interesting front page story in this weeks City Pages

  • jpreynolds1946
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 12, 2010
      Hi All
      I apologise for this post because it has nothing to do with scooters but the article tells a story about a man that I had a run in with a few years before he was sent to prison for life.This article ia about a deranged person who kidnapped his teacher and killed someone in the process.Ming Shiue was a electronics expert and at the time in 1977 he was the authorised repair and service center for Crown products.I has just bought one of the last professional 2 track Crown tape recorders and had some problems with it so I brought it to him for service.After him having it for over 2 weeks and no communication from him called him and he told me that it had been ready for more then a week.When I went down to pick it up I asked him in a nice way if I could check it out to make sure the problem had been fixed.He then blew up and went in the back room like he was going to get a gun or something and chased me out of the story yelling and swearing at me.I called Crown the very next day and told them about what had just transpired.They took his franchise away.A few years later he pulled off these crimes .Thanks for letting me share this interesting story.

      Jim Reynolds
    • sh8knj8kster
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 12, 2010
        --- In Minn-Max@yahoogroups.com, "jpreynolds1946" <jpreynolds1946@...> wrote:

        > Hi All
        > I apologise for this post because it has nothing to do with scooters but the article tells a story about a man that I had a run in with a few years before he was sent to prison for life.This article ia about a deranged person who kidnapped his teacher and killed someone in the process.Ming Shiue was a electronics expert and at the time in 1977 he was the authorised repair and service center for Crown products.I has just bought one of the last professional 2 track Crown tape recorders and had some problems with it so I brought it to him for service.After him having it for over 2 weeks and no communication from him called him and he told me that it had been ready for more then a week.When I went down to pick it up I asked him in a nice way if I could check it out to make sure the problem had been fixed.He then blew up and went in the back room like he was going to get a gun or something and chased me out of the story yelling and swearing at me.I called Crown the very next day and told them about what had just transpired.They took his franchise away.A few years later he pulled off these crimes .Thanks for letting me share this interesting story.
        >
        > Jim Reynolds

        ~~~~And here I thought Al Franken (excuse me, Stuart Smalley) was the only kook in MN=:-)

        Glad you can talk about it Jim. Can you forward the URL for the story?

        Jake
        Reddick Fla.
        Education is a method whereby one acquires a higher grade of prejudices.
        -- Laurence J. Peter

        http://www.shakinjake.blogspot.com/
      • Jim Reynolds
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 13, 2010
          Hi Jake
          Sorry I am not that computer savey to give you the URL.But if you do a search for City Pages Minneapolis for this week i am sure you can find it.Also if you do a search for the author who wrote a book about the whole ordeal "Eileen Biernat" she has a very nice website.I already sent her a email about my ordeal.It looks like Ming Sen Shiue could be freed after serving 30 years but they might confine him to St. Peter for the rest of his life.What he did to his victim during the trial  in the court room is almost unimaginable.

          Jim Reynolds

          > I apologise for this post because it has nothing to do with scooters but the article tells a story about a man that I had a run in with a few years before he was sent to prison for life.This article ia about a deranged person who kidnapped his teacher and killed someone in the process.Ming Shiue was a electronics expert and at the time in 1977 he was the authorised repair and service center for Crown products.I has just bought one of the last professional 2 track Crown tape recorders and had some problems with it so I brought it to him for service.After him having it for over 2 weeks and no communication from him called him and he told me that it had been ready for more then a week.When I went down to pick it up I asked him in a nice way if I could check it out to make sure the problem had been fixed.He then blew up and went in the back room like he was going to get a gun or something and chased me out of the story yelling and swearing at me.I called Crown the very next day and told them about what had just transpired.They took his franchise away.A few years later he pulled off these crimes .Thanks for letting me share this interesting story.
          >
          > Jim Reynolds

          ~~~~And here I thought Al Franken (excuse me, Stuart Smalley) was the only kook in MN=:-)

          Glad you can talk about it Jim. Can you forward the URL for the story?

          Jake
          Reddick Fla.
          Education is a method whereby one acquires a higher grade of prejudices.
          -- Laurence J. Peter

          http://www.shakinja ke.blogspot. com/

        • TimG
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 13, 2010
            Read the article and I can see why it affected you -- one sick person - here ie the sight for article -
            http://www.citypages.com/2010-02-10/news/mary-stauffer-stalked-by-former-math-student-ming-shiue
            Tim G

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 13, 2010
              YOWSA!