File - MineralCollecting Group Rules

  • MineralCollecting@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 161 , Jul 1, 2012
      MineralCollecting Group Rules

      1. Have fun and learn something new!

      2. All messages and pictures are approved by the moderator.

      3. Posts should pertain to minerals, mineral collecting, mineralogy, geology, or earth sciences in general. Topics may be in the form of questions, comments, articles, field trip write-ups, notification of a new mineral related site, events, trips, or epiphanies.

      4. No foul language or flames, please! Posts with foul language will not be approved.

      6. Short and or non-pertinent replies should be sent directly to the member and not to the entire list and will only very rarely be approved. This includes "thank you" messages, "email me back directly" replies, "send me your phone/email/contact/list" responses, etc. Folks, please email the person directly with these comments to avoid list clutter.

      7. One commercial advertisement is allowed per subscriber per month. All advertisements must pertain to rocks, minerals or mineral collecting, gems and
      lapidary arts, fossils or fossil collecting. All other topics prohibited. Jewelry advertisements are prohibited but gemstones and lapidary arts supplies would be acceptable. Prefix advertisements with "AD:". Any message advertisement that is not prefixed with "AD:" will not be approved. An example subject line would be "AD: New minerals for sale". Subsequent advertisements will not be approved beyond the limit of one per month. Long link lists, such as posts that have many links to separate eBay auctions, should not be posted here and will not be approved. To accomplish this task please post only a link to your own website and post your list of items there. An ad linking to your eBay "AboutMe" page would be acceptable, all other rules apply when doing this. Again, messages with long lists of links to individual items will not be approved. Members who contribute more ads than knowledge to the list may notice their ads will no longer be approved.

      Good: "Ad: Updated my website at mywebsite.com. Oh by the way let me tell you something scientifically interesting about this new material...".

      Bad: "@@@@NEW MATERIAL@@@@!!!! CHEAP PRICES!!!! Tourmaline...Amethyst....blah blah blah, beautiful stuff, etc. etc. etc., really good value, yada yada yada, really rare so says me, click here, click there, click everywhere, try the fish".

      ~MineralCollecting Moderator
    • MineralCollecting@yahoogroups.com