Re: MSHA Inspector

  • Rob McGee
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2007
      Steve,

      Glad to hear it's not me. I've been kicked around enough this week.

      On the lighter side and perhaps the more serious . . .

      There once occurred a mine fire at the Kerr McGee, Galatia Mine.

      It was this event that started the USMRA.

      They had mine rescuers, including MSHA personnel, in the mine, loading
      out the burning gob, while still under production, when as I'm told, it
      popped again.

      I wasn't there, but this information comes from a reliable source, and
      you'll never see this in any official report.

      Shades of Karen Silkwood.

      Thanks for not blaming me.

      Rob
    • Rescue1UK@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2007
        I think what Steve is getting at, and rightly so, is it will take time for you all to get into the swing of things, applying the regs, issuing citations etc, and in that interim period everyone will just have to be a little careful.
        If we trained a brand new, fresh mine rescue team, to expect them to be able to perform as a seasoned crew immediately would be wrong, it takes EXPERIENCE as well as training.
        I know you will be given the chance you deserve, you are the future of mine inspectors, so in effect the future of mining.

        Brian Robinson
        United Kingdom