Re: [USMRA] What the Hell

  • ALander778@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2007
      Where does it say in any of the regulations that you don't try to escape????  It doesn't!  But, if you try and can't get out [like Sago and Alma] it would be great to have a place to retreat.  That is what I believe is the intent of the law.  We know that the materials needed to construct a good barricade were not available on the sections prior to Sago.  Now if needed, there is a chamber that will have the air, food and water to wait for a rescue.  You must factor in the remainder of the law which is tracking devices and communications!  Mine rescue teams within one hour travel time [not two as prior to Sago].  This is no more than an insurance policy in the event that something happens.  LETS NOT LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!

      Effective safety programs, TRAINING and STRONG ENFORCEMENT