Re: [Mind and Brain] dark energy as consciousness

  • John M
    Message 1 of 44 , May 4, 2007
      Leon, watch your language.
      Einstein's description may be 'sufficient' to you...however motion is usually measured IN space, which (in non- Einsteinian vocabulary) would close the circle. Then again you properly deem 'insufficient': ""the ability to do work" - what is not measurable without destroying the measure.
      (Btw: How much is 1 kiloability?)
      Dark matter/energy cannot be within 'our' system - that's why we 'call it' DARK. Maybe 'our system' is part of the total (dark?) as 4% of it (with 96% of our dark ignorance).
      Are you sure that metric/space time/etc. was 'produced' by a 'mother-similar'? I have more confidence in nature's creativity.
      I appreciate that you did not use the phrase (as many do): "before" the Big Bang (i.e. 'before' the starting point of time<G>).
      From your (Einstein-adjusted) vocabulary items you draw logical conclusions: We don't know this, we don't know that, so they are identical.
      Otherwise you use "must be" - a nono, uinless we restrict ourselves to our present - insufficient
      - knowledge and we don't even want to know anything else. (cf: your "must forever remain indescribable in metric or numerical mathematical terms." just expressing the untenablity of these terms, maybe the entire system they belong to).  And in your conclusion's wording:
      "The answer is; Only, if...in the form of pure spin at infinite angular momentum" meaning: "that's what I know about (???)_ that's what it MUST be. No further epistemy allowed. Period.
      In the 'good old'(?) commi days the Party supervised the researchers (as all others) and a committee appeared in our Institute to examine our work. The boss shoved them into my office, knowing that they may 'get it hard' from me. The 3 'well fed officials' came in.
      "Comrade: what is the essence of your work?" was the first question of an Overcomrade, (who probably put a cross under his job acceptance-paper as his signature, and years later a small other one before that on the receipt of his work-award document - explainig:
      "That small one is the doctorate") -  so I replied:
      "To show that the nematical, tactoid, smectic and cibotactoid systems are agglomerations in symmetrical mateastases" - quite matter-of-factly.
      He: "Comrade, use a language which we can understand"  Whereupon I replied:
      " The Party should send an examiner who understands my explanation on my work". - They left.
      I do not qualify to evaluate your descriptions.
      With friendship (I mean it):
      John M

      Message 44 of 44 , Jun 5, 2007

        A problem I have with understanding what you mean, and I suspect we all have the same problem, is that you use the terminology of physics in a manner that makes sense to you but does not make sense to a physicist. Let me discuss just one example: the concept of holography.

        Holographic information is stored on the surface of some volume. For example in string theory Maldecena has found that a non-gravitational theory on the surface of the brane of our universe is equivalent to a gravitational theory within the volume of our universe. That is a holographic relationship. In the original meaning of holography, information stored on surfaces could be illuminated by lasers to project a 3-d image in a volume. Thus holography necessarily requires a real surface, not anything like a carrier wave of an interference pattern that you apply holographic terminology to.

        So it may be very correct to claim that information is stored in the interference patterns. But when you refer to that as holography, you just confuse the reader. I suggest that much of what you claim suffers from the same ambiguity. You use terminology that has very specific meaning in physics much too loosely.

        However, I am pleased that you finally admit that your theory is a theory in philosophy and not physics. With your permission I would like to pick away at your terminology in order to make it more comprehensible to a physicist. Another example is the EM fields you claim are radiated by even neutral particles. I suggest that these may be actually the wave functions of particles. Hindu literature contains accounts of enlightened people being able to see particle waves. So I suggest that a step in the right direction is to achieve a correspondence between what you envision and quantum mechanics.

        The best,