Re: [Mind and Brain] Paper: An experimental test of non-local realism

  • leonmaurer@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 30 9:44 PM

      In a message dated 4/30/07 4:46:45 PM, yanniru@... writes:

      Leon,

      1. I do not believe Dr Milo Wolff is correct

      What better rationale is there for explaining wave-particle duality?

      2. Alan Aspect did not use fermions which require creation of a particle/anti-particle pair. Fermions cannot be split into such a pair. Photons are a special case.

      I never said he did.  But he did use photons that were optically split and did measure the effects of their quantum entanglement instantaneously over a great distance...  That was what I was talking about, and trying to explain through the unity of their common higher order hyperspace fields of consciousness surrounding their singular zero-point center of awareness/will -- that cannot be split apart physically.  Of course, that's only a well thought out hypothesis based on the ABC model and its new scientific paradigm, assuming consciousness as a fundamental aspect of primal SPACE out of which comes everything, including mass, energy, awareness, will, that are everywhere in intimate interrelationship through one medium of information or another.

      3. At Harvard they are able to transmit a light pulse into a medium and have it leave the medium before it gets there. That's more than instantaneous. I'll get you the link if you are interested.

      Please do.  However I did hear about it.  But, as yet, have not found the clear explanation of how they did it and to what law of nature it is attributed to.  Personally, I think, there is no real scientific explanation that violates the speed limit of a particle mass or information -- other than possibly twisting the wave length of a multiply enhanced and retarded light pulse at a refractive barrier plane so that the trailing edge appears to pass through and exit before the leading edge enters, or something like that.  As I see it, the experiment's conclusions could very well be the usual smoke and mirror misinterpretation of fundamental reality by some quantum physicists just to get a little publicity and a paper published. ;-)  Not that such experiments might not lead to possible hi tech applications in quantum computers or nanotechnologies, etc.  In fact, they usually do add something to our knowledge of how light optics actually work at micro particle scales or dual transfer medium interfaces.  BTW, optical engineering used to be one of my interests when I was working with professional camera designs and motion picture special optical effects.

      I just do not believe the "standing wave quantum" theory. It's a classical theory and not a quantum theory.

      What is your authority for that bald statement?  How does that determine its truth or falsity?  What's wrong with describing a quantum particle classically or otherwise, as the result of a unity between space, energy, mass, and motion?  Especially, when it answers questions that quantum theory can't get a reasonable or understandable handle on explaining.  Both special and general relativity are also "classical," and not quantum theories.  So what?  Does that make them wrong?

      Anyway, I appreciate your acceptance of some of my ideas, although I still don't know if you agree with the ABC model in general or its fundamental premises.  I'm constantly trying to explain new things that come up in conventional physics in terms of this model, and I'm glad you gave me the opportunity to begin putting into words my thoughts on quantum entanglement.  It's now become much clearer in my mind, that the ABC theory is fundamentally correct, and that someday, hopefully in the near future before I check out, an acceptable, and peer reviewable scientific theory of everything might evolve from it. :-)

      Best wishes,
      Leon

      Respectfully,
      Richard

      Message 2 of 14 , May 1, 2007
        Well Leon, you are a true believer in Einstein. He and Rosen and Poldolsky originally proposed the EPR experiment to prove that quantum mechanics is incorrect as nothing can go faster than the speed of light. When the experiments were finally done, it turned out that QM is correct. Yet you seem to believe still that nothing can go faster than the speed of light.
        1. How can a classical argument explain a quantum effect? No other physicist has been able to.
        2. Have you read my recent post on selectrons of dark energy being the basis of a form of consciousness rather than dark matter.
        The second reference uses two entangled BEC media. So it's in theory equivalent to the EPR experiments.

        My personal explanation for the violation of the speed limit is based on superstring theory and the hypothesis that the compactified dimensions produced during fermion creation maintian entanglement via a thread of them from one particle to the other. However, split photons would not require ten dimensions for creation of the particle/anti-particle pair. So I guess that falsifies my hypothesis.

        However, it is the EM waves that are split, not the particle. The EPR effects only occur when the intensity level of the EM waves are so low that the experiment is in the quantum regime. With high intensity and coherent EM waves, there are no quantum effects. The polarizations are pre-determined and rotating the polarizer of the detector has no effect not predicted from Maxwell's equations. In the EPR experiments the polarization detector must be rotated after the photon is split to violate Bell's inequality. That only happens when the intensity of the EM waves is so low that we can say the one photon at a time is launched.

        But my personal explanation for the wave/particle duality is that particles do not really exist. They are just a good approximation for what happens when particles interact with each other as in detection.

        But you are correct. There is no scientific explanation for EPR effects. But that makes me wonder if Feynman's QED formalism which includes anti-particles coming back from the future might work to explain entanglement. But Bell must have considered that.

        I still do not accept your ABC theory because it includes infinities at a point (singularities) which are not allowed in physics. However, your hyperspace concept seems consistent with my belief that our universe (and all others) is a 4-d (spacetime) brane embedded in a megaverse 4-d spacetime where only gravity exists, an extrapolation of the work of Harvard's Lisa Randall.

        But even those extra dimensions do not seem to explain entanglement, as far as I can tell. Your tendency is to say that (for example) hyperspace explains something without ever specifying the hyperspace mechanism which is the explanation. This is particularly so with your explanations of consciousness or intelligence. You say it comes from ABC theory without explaining how or even defining what consciousnes or intelligence is. How can a theory predict something that is not defined in the theory?

        Richard

> [...]

        So my ABC theory is as good as anyone else's, meshes perfectly with all of Einstein's relativity and quantum theories, and depends on which physics paradigm we are going to believe, and how our reasoning and logic stands up to careful scrutiny and well crafted counter arguments or experimental evidence.

        For one thing, no matter what paradigm is considered, pure image or structural information is carried and transmitted solely on the surfaces of electrodynamic fields -- whether they are physical or metaphysical, and whether they are modulated on radiant fields, or on those standing waves encapsulated in all forms of mass-energy -- from simple quantum (or sub quantum) particles and complex atoms and molecules, to black holes, etc.

        **************************************
        See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

      • Chris Lofting
        Message 3 of 14 , May 1, 2007

          <snip>

          > But you are correct. There is no scientific explanation for EPR effects.

          Yes there are - the ignorance of physicists regarding the methods used to
          derive meaning means they have failed to identify QM as metaphor and so
          associated with SYMMETRIC perspectives that have entanglement as a property
          of the perspective.

          The EPR experiments etc, their structure, are manifestations of brain
          dynamics in the creation of rich associative memories from basic XOR-derived
          data. The association with paradox is that the mechanism is repeated in
          reverse in sensory paradox (and so we move form the complex diagram, the
          interference patterns, to discrete forms, rather than from discrete forms to
          building the interference image)

          We can create the patterns using pen and paper alone and as such these
          patterns are not limited to QM but to all levels where self-referencing is
          used in experiments.

          Chris.
        • leonmaurer@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , May 5, 2007

            In a message dated 5/1/07 9:23:47 AM, yanniru@... writes:

            Well Leon, you are a true believer in Einstein. He and Rosen and Poldolsky originally proposed the EPR experiment to prove that quantum mechanics is incorrect as nothing can go faster than the speed of light. When the experiments were finally done, it turned out that QM is correct. Yet you seem to believe still that nothing can go faster than the speed of light.

            But that only applies to the physical matter itself, and has no relationship to the higher order fractally involved hyperspace fields that are associated with every particle point and material form.  There are no physical things on those higher frequency-energy orders (6 or more) of hyperspace.  But packets of information can travel there at whatever speed is proportional to the higher order frequency level of the hyperspace field carrying them.

            Therefore, Einstein is correct and QM is wrong -- right down to the indeterminacy that he disagreed with -- which only applies to objective physical observation on the apparently illusory quantum field level...  But has no relationship to subjective observation of determinate information on the metaphysical (or should I say "Etheric";-) field level...  Thus, accounting for our inner access to mind and memory images, in as precise resolution as our sense mechanisms allow, or our higher levels of zero-point inner perception can discern and discriminate -- which could be almost down to zero.  Thus, as Einstein said, "Imagination (constructive and creative inner vision) IS more important than knowledge." (Referring, I presume, to what we can learn by observation or symbolic description on the objective/physical plane of classical or quantum reality. ;-)

            1. How can a classical argument explain a quantum effect? No other physicist has been able to.

            How can a quantum effect be considered as separate from the vibrating space it is composed of?  And, isn't that "space" explained by classical relativity theories?

            Naturally, quantum physicists can't really explain (since they can only describe) a quantum effect... Because they don't recognize the complemetarity between classical space and quantum matter.  The primary reason being that they are blind to the real nature of the hyperspace zero-point energies within the quantum vacuum and their origin from the spinergy of metrically empty and inneffable ground SPACE -- which is the Mother-Father of everything in the universe that came out of the Big Bang.  Father being the creative zero-point consciousness and Mother being its surrounding abstract motion or spin momentum.

            2. Have you read my recent post on selectrons of dark energy being the basis of a form of consciousness rather than dark matter.

            Yes, but such speculations have no explanatory value with respect to answering the hard questions of; what is consciousness, and where does it come from?  Haven't you read all my explanations of why neither light or dark mass-energy or any of their particles or microparticles (which may be the result of opposite spin forces on the two perpendicular or opposite axes of our spherical space time continuum) cannot be the cause of ubiquitous nonlocal zero-point consciousness (i.e., awarenesss, will, etc.) -- which can have no physical basis whatsoever?  Any claim for such, so far seems to be nothing more than hand waving nonsense.

            3. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3308109.stm
            http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/08/science/08quantum.html?ex=1328590800&en=c727820630ee92b4&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss
            The second reference uses two entangled BEC media. So it's in theory equivalent to the EPR experiments.

            But what do those experiments have to do with explaining consciousness, mind, memory, sense mechanisms, etc., or even explaining the transformation, storage, reconstruction and perception of the holographic sensory or memory image information of consciousness?

[...]

            With reference to all the above, my ABC concept does explain the EPR effect and all the other characteristics of the hyperspace fields (intelligence, mind, memory, etc.) as well as consciousness (awareness, will, etc.)... Since, the entire basis of the proposition that consciousness and matter are dual properties or aspects of fundamental ground SPACE (that is the source of everything) -- along with the essential conclusion, based on the fundamental zero-point cyclic spinergy or G-force that all fractally involved fields emanate and ultimately, spherically radiate from, are vibratory in nature... And, therefore, act electrodynamically (obeying the same fundamental laws of electricity such as magnetic inductance, resonance, etc.).  We might even be able to apply Maxwell's laws on these levels using different constants.

            Therefore, all fields of space in motion, both in hyperspace or configuration space, that constitutes the essential nature of all particles and microparticles -- are holographically coenergetic with each other.   Thus, ABC is explanatory of all those effects, conditions and qualities of matter (and its fundamental wave nature) -- as well as consciousness as a separate aspect of zero-point space itself -- by
            definition alone...  And, besides their hyperspace and configuration space geometry's and electrodynamic field interrelationships for the storage and transfer of encoded holographic information -- there's no need for any conventional scientific explanation... Since, quantum physics is based on an entirely different and false proposition -- that matter is primary and causative while assuming consciousness (awareness, will, etc.) must be epiphenomenal.

            When physics recognizes this wrong standpoint and accepts this new holographic fractal field paradigm, and that consciousness is a fundamental property of the zero-point of absolute space, they will then be able to arrive a unified field theory explaining everything that is a mystery to conventional science -- now burdened with a morass of conflicting theories that explain nothing about the transcendental nature of matter, or the cause and nature of both consciousness and life -- that together, animate matter :-)

            Leon

            Richard

            See what's free at http://www.aol.com.