Re: [Mind and Brain] de la sierra - PUT UP OR SHUT UP

  • Dr.d
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2012

      --- In MindBrain@yahoogroups.com, Richard Ruquist <yanniru@...> wrote:
      "The reason that de la sierra always ignores my remarks about the inadequacy of math is that he is in denial. IOW he suffers from a mentalillness called 'sane psychosis'."

      Dr.RR, the "string cosmology" you are about to finish and send next month to Dr. CK with a $$ bet (that you are correct) is almost a carbon copy of my brain dynamics hybrid 'epistemontology' model already published in 3 book volumes, except that, your Harvard background and Buddhist 'theology' keep you in denial of the possibility of  a converging 'singularity' and ultimately force you to give up your search for a metaphysical logic (math) model connecting our frontal brain lobes with 'transfinity'. I suggested a 'dark baryonic polynucleotide' (DNA/RNA) receptor and outlined the reciprocal information transfer pathways. Yes, I couldn't work out the complex math required and asked mathematicians like you and Dr. CK for some help. This is your best pointed reply!

      First, your name calling, my transfinity becomes your 'intelligent designer Jesus' in the head of a 'sane psycho, creationist' (me :-)). Anyone would know that reciprocal communications would be impossible with infinity unless we renormalize. And finity implies measurable/observable, thus until we can move asymptotically towards the converging singularity point, I call it a transfinity entity where all believers, necessarily and logically may have to converge.....unless new laws of nature and abstract logic is developed. It doesn't matter if anyone call it a JudeoChrIslamic or Buddhist God. I don't call it God to avoid prejudicial name calling that adds nothing to the discourse.

      You are betting $$ that Dr. CK "... will (...agree with me that my psychophysical theory is the correct explanation for
       (a) quantum gravity (no satisfactory account having been given by anybody so far,
       (b) creation of the universe *ex nihilo*,
       (c) the origin of life (i.e. DNA) on earth, and finally
       (d) "extra-corporeal 'DNA'"! ...."

      First, notice the linguistic similarity between your 'Chalmers' psychophysical approach and my hybrid epistemontological analysis. I don't see much of your 'psycho' moiety developed, either in the physics or neurological. Neither have I seen the required magnetic flux analysis to explain the quantum gravity relevance in mind/brain issues. Furthermore, my 'creation ex deo' is a step ahead of your 'creation ex nihilo' (Ex nihilo is a Latin phrase meaning "out of nothing), except that I do not find necessary to define 'deo', as is proper in neutral, objective discussions. But please notice that even Einstein was able to invoke 'vacuum energy' (read matter) in the 'nothingness' of space. The invisibility of matter/energy to human technology does not, ipso facto, deny its reality of necessity. Especially so when you defend a Yang super symmetry analysis with particulate matter and their spin superpartners. As for DNA involvement, it was precisely many years ago at Sloan Kettering Institute when I was was able to follow the 'animation' of powdered Rous Sarcoma virus RNA into life that my interest started and now continues with dark baryonic DNA/RNA.

      As you know, Dr. CK and I have disagreed many times on theosophical issues but his broad, multidisciplinary knowledge and mathematical insights are a plus and I suggest the winner gives half to him for his objective effort!! :-)  I accept your bet!!  :-)  Angell