Re: Re: [Mind and Brain] Can't ya jis be yerself ferchrisakes?

  • rclough
    Message 1 of 103 , Dec 31, 2011
      Hi Mentor612

      I think you must be talking about gas as what people use to
      heat their homes (def 2 below) .  But the scientific definition of a gas
      that we have been discussing (as opposed to a solid or a liquid) is definition 1.

      definition of a gas:

      1 a fluid (as air) that has neither independent shape nor volume but tends to expand indefinitely.
      2. a : a combustible gas or gaseous mixture for fuel or lighting

      rclough, rclough@...
      12/31/2011
      From: Mentor612
      Receiver: MindBrain
      Time: 2011-12-30, 23:40:40
      Subject: Re: [Mind and Brain] Can't ya jis be yerself ferchrisakes?

      How can air be gas. Gas is something that uses air to move in.
      mentor612

      --- In MindBrain@yahoogroups.com, dan G <dan@...> wrote:

      > Air IS a gas , or more exactly a combination of gases. and of course
      > subject to gravity!
      > What are you trying to say? GASLESS AIR ? Hahaha! Cute!
      > The air is "opposed to gravity" ? Like in anti gravity, boy?
      > Why don't you try to open a science book , boy? Can you read?
      > Your messages are very interesting!
      > Dan G
      > On 12/28/2011 10:26 AM, Mentor612 wrote:
      > >

      > > > RKS:
      > > > Wind is air that is moving through space and it is effected by
      > > gravity ~ if it wasn't then the atmosphere would float off into outer
      > > space.
      > > >
      > > > Water exists in space, space does not just exist above the water.
      > > You seem to be confounding space with atmosphere.
      > > >
      > > > Robert
      > > >
      > > Only if air contains gas or water can it be affected by gravity. When
      > > a person smokes, the smoke that is attached to air rises up so gravity
      > > is not affecting the air that is travelling. The smoke that falls to
      > > the ground does so because it is full of the particles of the things
      > > that are burning up. Once the heavy particles are on solid ground, the
      > > air rises up into the atmosphere. The atmosphere cannot float out into
      > > space because of the pressure of the spin of the earth. Because air is
      > > space, and it behaves opposite to gravity, it must be an antigravity
      > > agent, but only if the gasses and water are taken out of it. mentor612

    • dan G
      Message 103 of 103 , Jan 3, 2012
        I do not care much for the New Age stuff with pretense of science.
        Pretty much ever New Age boy is borrowing and is using scientific terms trying to look smart.
        Who is not terribly impressed by the mention of a black hole?
        Dan G
        On 1/3/2012 8:13 PM, Mentor612 wrote:

        Sad, you dont get the picture.
        mentor612

        --- In MindBrain@yahoogroups.com, dan G <dan@...> wrote:

        > I guess you are worshiping your "science god" without knowing and
        > understanding what the science is about.
        > Are you right now spinning and talking from a back hole? How long are
        > you planning to stay there? Some scientists are saying you are going to
        > be shredded in pieces
        > Aren't you getting dizzy with all the "spinning" going around you?
        > Didn't you tell them to take a break once in a while from spinning and
        > stop?
        > Dan G
        > On 1/3/2012 7:24 AM, Mentor612 wrote:

        <snip>