Sakti

  • tom9401
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2009
      Theosophy is a mongrel doctrine, an hereditary consequence of the union of Hinduism, Buddhism, Kabbala, Gnosticism, and various forms of Occultism. No wonder it is so difficult to understand the origin and nature of Theosophical term 'sakti', not to mention 'consciousness'. How did Leon do it? What are his original sources?

      I happen to be fortunate to live next to a town that has several national religious centers, including Hinduism, Buddhism, Eckenkar, and Theosophy. In addition, Wesleyan University has a world class theology program. And as far as the Occult goes, I am experienced.

      -Tom
    • Cass Silva
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2009
        That is an interesting observation Tom, considering that its founder, HPB, confirmed that theosophy was the accumulated wisdom of ages gone by!

        Cass

        Theosophy is a mongrel doctrine, an hereditary consequence of the union of Hinduism, Buddhism, Kabbala, Gnosticism, and various forms of Occultism. No wonder it is so difficult to understand the origin and nature of Theosophical term 'sakti', not to mention 'consciousness' . How did Leon do it? What are his original sources?

        I happen to be fortunate to live next to a town that has several national religious centers, including Hinduism, Buddhism, Eckenkar, and Theosophy. In addition, Wesleyan University has a world class theology program. And as far as the Occult goes, I am experienced.

        -Tom

        Get more done like never before with Yahoo!7 Mail. Learn more.
      • Leon Maurer
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2009
          On Nov 3, 2009, at 11/3/0911:22 AM, tom9401 wrote:

          > Theosophy is a mongrel doctrine, an hereditary consequence of the
          > union of Hinduism, Buddhism, Kabbala, Gnosticism, and various forms
          > of Occultism. No wonder it is so difficult to understand the origin
          > and nature of Theosophical term 'sakti', not to mention
          > 'consciousness'. How did Leon do it? What are his original sources?

          Theosophy is a philosophy based on the ancient teachings of
          fundamental reality that all those religions are based on. The term
          Sakti is a Sansrit word that represents the female or receptive
          nature of fundamental reality.

          You might say Sakti it is the female opposite of Siva who represents
          the male or creative force in its negative or destructive aspect, in
          other words the material man and his self destructive ways.

          Here's a more thorough definition:

          "Sakti (Sanskrit) [from the verbal root sak to be powerful,
          energetic, have force] Universal energy, the feminine aspect of
          fohat; one of the seven forces of nature, of which six are manifest
          and the seventh partly manifest. It is energy that proceeds through
          itself, not being due to the active or conscious will of the one that
          produces it. Popularly, the wives or consorts of the gods -- the
          energies or active powers of these deities represented as feminine
          influences. (From the Encyclopedic Theosophical Glossary)

          > I happen to be fortunate to live next to a town that has several
          > national religious centers, including Hinduism, Buddhism, Eckenkar,
          > and Theosophy. In addition, Wesleyan University has a world class
          > theology program. And as far as the Occult goes, I am experienced.

          Theology can teach you nothing about the true nature of reality.
          And, theosophy doesn't have to be capitalized -- since it is not a
          religion.

          Next time, do your own research, and stop bragging about your
          knowledge of the Occult (which really means Hidden) -- like the true
          cause and nature of consciousness, force, and matter-energy disclosed
          (to anyone with intuition and perseverance) in the Secret
          Doctrine... So, they can teach it rather than preach it. ;-)

          Leon