stovykla Chorvatijoje

  • minciusodas
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31 1:04 PM
      Labas is Budapesto! Atsiprasau, kad rasau sveplai.
      Siandien uzsukau i (Soroso) Atviros Visuomenes Instituto Informacines
      Programos (AVIIP) busta. Jai vadovauja Darius Cuplinskas (gimes
      Kanadoje), bet jis dabar isvykes atostogu.

      Griztu namo, bet jau is karto atsiveria galimybe vel keliauti i
      Balkanus. Gal kas susidometu. Rugpjucio 29 - rugsejo 6 dienomis bus
      rengiama stovykla vienoje Chorvatijos (Kroatijos) saloje. Stovykos
      tikslas, pamokyti kaip atviro kodo programine iranga aprupinti
      nevyriausibine organizacija. Susirasineju su rengejais, gal as ir
      kiti is musu (is Lietuvos, Bosnijos) galetu sudalyvauti. Gal
      padengtu keliones islaidas.

      Man greiciausiai butu tikslinga sudalyvauti kadangi Ian Bruk mane
      finansuoja, kad galetumeme sudalyvauti AVIIP rengiamame konkurse.
      Tad butu gerai susipazinti su ju poziuriu (AVIIP yra stovyklos
      remeja).

      Kas domisi, atsiliepkite!
      Ir tikiu netrukus pasimatysime.

      Andrius

      Andrius Kulikauskas
      Minciu Sodas
      http://www.ms.lt/lt/
      ms@...

      Michael Wolff sent me information about a summer camp in Croatia about
      open source software for NGOs. I will be in Budapest this Friday and
      may be able to learn more. Maybe it's still possible for somebody
      from Bosnia to attend. Peace, Andrius, http://www.ms.lt
      ------------------------

      Calling all eRiders - Tech Activists - Free and OpenSource software
      Developers - NGO Geeks!
      If you are?

      Working with technology and non-profits in Southeast, Central and
      Eastern
      Europe, the Caucases or Central Asia
      Interested in the use of free and open source software for civil
      society
      Ready to spend an intensive week of hands-on training with people
      from the
      region who share your interests

      ?then we want you at the first Summer Source camp.

      Tactical Technology Collective Amsterdam and Multimedia Institute
      Croatia,
      in partnership with the Open Society Institute, invite you to Summer
      Source
      camp, a seven-day gathering of individuals and organizations working
      implement free and open source software solutions for civil-society
      organizations (NGO's, activists, educators and independent media),
      from a
      practical, application-based perspective; you will do, not just
      debate. The
      camp will offer parallel tracks for implementers and developers with
      numerous shared sessions, from open talk to open practice, as well as
      project flea market (an exhibition of free and open source software,
      tools
      and projects for NGOs).

      For both developers and implementers, the camp will offer a chance to
      meet
      and work on practical issues with potential project partners.

      In concert with a rich program, we will set aside time on the
      beautiful
      island of Vis, Croatia for relaxation and recreation. The gathering
      will
      serve as an oasis of sorts, providing pause and perspective in tandem
      with
      inspiration and informal interaction. You will stay in barracks at a
      camp
      site on the island, and excursions beyond the camp grounds will offer
      fresh
      vistas and opportunities to meet new friends.

      We hope to see you there!

      Participants
      The camp will host a total of sixty participants doing work in
      central and
      eastern Europe, the Balkans, the Caucuses, and Central Asia. We will
      also
      have a few select participants from Asia and Africa. We will work in a
      multi-cultural environment, with participants ranging, so far, from
      India,
      Indonesia, Singapore, Southern Africa, Poland, Bulgaria, Armenia,
      Georgia,
      Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Mongolia.

      The group will be composed of two distinct sets of participants: those
      implementers (non-profit ICT consultants, NGO technology service
      providers,
      NGO-friendly ISP staff, in-house IT staff) tasked with specifying and
      deploying technology solutions in NGO's, which would benefit from
      F/OSS
      training, and developers working to create new and better free and
      open
      source software platforms, applications, and infrastructure for NGO's.

      Ideally participants will already be familiar with Internet, free and
      open
      software (F/OSS) and NGOs, but we are also looking to grow the
      community
      working on these issues, recruiting those with knowledge and passion
      bolster the success of the event.

      Agenda
      The aim of the program for implementers is to set up a NGOs? free and
      open
      source software environment, and to be able to demonstrate the
      advantages of
      the use of free and open source software for civil-society
      organisations.
      Topics offered for this group will include process models for
      analysis and
      implementation, selecting and recommending toolsets, network options
      and
      backend solutions; hands-on implementation and use of different
      GNU/Linux
      distributions, internet and desktop tools; finding developers and
      resources;
      support and training for non-profits; case studies and success
      stories.

      Topics offered for developers will include technical skillshares;
      building
      developer communities around projects; collaborating with dispersed
      teams;
      funding and revenue generation; working with a non-profit user
      community;
      designing with users in mind; promoting projects to a user base;
      planning
      and managing a free and open source software project for non-profits;
      development cycle and business models; case studies and success
      stories.

      A substantial portion of the gathering will be devoted to shared
      sessions
      bringing implementers and developers together for discussion,
      brainstorming,
      practice, alliance building and visioning for the future.

      In addition, there will be free-form skillshares and a showcase in
      open
      access, content, services and tools. Evening programs will include
      music,
      lectures, discussions, screenings, and open content.

      Event Details and Application

      The Summer Source Camp will take place on the island of Vis in
      Croatia, from
      the 29th of August to the 6th of September (travel days included).

      Applications may be submitted via email. The application form can be
      downloaded at:
      http://www.tacticaltech.org, or requested by e-mail at
      sumersource_participants@....

      Deadline for applications: 25th July, 2003.

      IF YOU NEED A VISA FOR CROATIA PLEASE APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,
      SINCE THE
      PROCESS MAY TAKE LONG.

      Later applications may still be considered depending on space
      availability.
      However, we strongly encourage you to apply as early as you can to
      make sure
      your application is considered.

      The fee for each participant is EUR 150.

      Participants may apply to a subsidy fund to cover participation fee
      and
      travel costs. We can?t cover all travel fees, but we do have a travel
      fund
      that can be used to help those who really need it to get there. If you
      need
      a subsidy to attend, please fill in the funding questions in the
      application
      form and it will be considered. All such requests will be evaluated
      on a
      needs and availability basis, therefore, the earlier you apply, the
      greater
      the chance of receiving a subsidy.

      Once participation has been confirmed, we will encourage participants
      make flight reservations as soon as possible, as this is the end of
      summer
      season and flight availability may still be substantially limited.
      Flights
      should be booked to Split or Zagreb, Croatia. Participants will need
      inquire about obtaining a Croatian visa from a Croatian consulate
      before
      confirming participation.

      Accommodations will be in barracks at the camp, with sheets and
      bedding
      provided. Breakfast and dinner (included in the participation fee)
      will be
      served daily. There will be additional food and shopping facilities
      within a
      10-minute walk of the camp site.

      We are still open for proposals for the project flea market
      (exhibition of
      free and open source software software, tools and projects for NGOs)
      and a
      few applications for facilitators. If you are interested, contact us
      at
      sumersource_info@....

      See www.tacticaltech.org for complete information.

      Organizers
      Summer Source Camp is being organized by Tactical Tech Collective
      (www.tacticaltech.org) and Multimedia Institute (www.mi2.hr), in
      partnership
      with the Open Society Institute (www.soros.org).
    • Viktoras Dagys
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
        Sveikas, Andriau!

        2003 m. liepos 31 d. 20:04 minciusodas rašė:

        > Griztu namo, bet jau is karto atsiveria galimybe vel keliauti i
        > Balkanus. Gal kas susidometu. Rugpjucio 29 - rugsejo 6 dienomis bus
        > rengiama stovykla vienoje Chorvatijos (Kroatijos) saloje. Stovykos
        > tikslas, pamokyti kaip atviro kodo programine iranga aprupinti
        > nevyriausibine organizacija. <...>
        >
        > Man greiciausiai butu tikslinga sudalyvauti kadangi Ian Bruk mane
        > finansuoja, kad galetumeme sudalyvauti AVIIP rengiamame konkurse.

        Manau, kad Tau, Andriau, gal tikrai vertėtų ten nuvykti ir pasiaiškinti jų
        ketinimus bei veiklos principus. Šiam tikslui pakaktų ir vieno atstovo iš
        Lietuvos.

        Lietuvoje yra žmonių, gana rimtai užsiimančių atvirojo teksto programų
        propagavimu įvairiais aspektais: programų vertimu į lietuvių kalbą (žr.,
        pvz. http://aldona.mii.lt/pms/lok/openoffice/), pačių atvirojo teksto
        programų testavimu, atspindėjimu knygose. Netgi ką tik išleistame
        vadovėlyje (Informacinės technologijos IX--X klasėms, 1 dalis) aiškinant
        tekstų rengimą lygiagrečiai pateikiamos iliustracijos iš „Microsoft Word“
        ir „OpenOffice.org“ programų.

        Kokia yra vyraujanti mūsų nevyriausybinių organizacijų nuostata programinės
        įrangos pasirinkimo klausimu, neturiu žinių. Bijau, jog mūsų visuomenėje
        (ypač akademinėje) esama nemažai baimės visuomeninių sąjūdžių (o toks yra
        atvirojo teksto programų judėjimas) sukurtų produktų atžvilgiu. Kažkodėl
        manoma, kad mokėdamas pinigus gauni daugiau garantijų ateičiai. Deja, ir
        komercinių produktų naujos versijos neužtikrina dokumentų (ypač parengtų ne
        anglų kalba) formatų suderinamumo, nekalbant apie tai, kad klaidų būna
        visose programose -- ir komercinėse, ir nemokamose.

        Visuomenės opinijos klausimais tame seminare gal irgi sužinotum vertingų
        dalykų. Mane asmeniškai domina ir atvirojo teksto programų naudojimo
        bendrojo lavinimo mokyklose patirtis. Kadangi atvirojo teksto problematika
        jau buvo nagrinėta LIKS Mokymosi sekcijos sueigoje pernai lapkričio mėnesį,
        galima būtų pamąstyti ir apie susipažinimą su Paties įspūdžiais iš seminaro
        Kroatijoje.

        Viktoras

        --
        Rašyti lietuviškai? Tai labai paprasta!