Serving Iraq with web services?

  • Andrius Kulikauskas
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2003
      Ed Daniel wrote to me about a business opportunity in Iraq that he sees
      for Minciu Sodas because of our integrity through our dedication to
      "caring about thinking". We would need to develop contacts in the Arab
      world (which would be fantastic) and this might build on our work this
      summer in Bosnia to organize Islamic independent thinkers.

      So I fire this off to a variety of groups, to see where there might be
      interest and response:
      - the list for the SummerSource camp, www.tacticaltech.org, dedicated
      to open source software for nongovernmental organizations, and with
      connections around the world.
      - Augmented Social Networks, which is thinking through the
      infrastructure to make this kind of networking possible.
      http://collaboratory.planetwork.net/linktank_whitepaper/
      - MindEcos, a showcase "mind colony" catalyzed by Bala Pillai
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mindecos/
      - Our lab's Minciu Sodas open discussion in English,
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/minciu_sodas_en/, in Bosnian
      for "thinking relevantly" http://www.ms.lt/openwork/ especially about
      working openly.

      Also, this is an example of what I call "social hacking", an effort
      (always crude to some degree) to hack connections between different
      groups, especially by way of information channels, so as to get things
      done, keeping groups from suffocating in their own juices, allowing
      individual activity to transcend groups. I will be working to find ways
      to do this well, I want to set up "idea streams" that could be
      intertwined with sponsorship from enterprises, in the form of open
      questions that they would keep on our minds. I look to help to develop
      that, what might work best?

      Thank you for your understanding! Please let us know if this project
      below might be of interest, of if you know who might be. More
      importantly, please help us figure out the best ways that we might open
      up connections across our groups.

      Andrius

      Andrius Kulikauskas
      Minciu Sodas