Re: Faith in Europe Editorial Meeting applicants

  • frogkailo
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2007
      I think that manufacturing jobs should stay where they are now.The
      reason is that this outsourcing of local jobs and livelihoods will
      deprive local communities and sadly those poor Indians and Chinese too.
      It looks to me somewhat like modern version of infamous land enclosure
      movement which brought many evils to rural communities in the 19
      century. Those Victorian industrial satanic mills were a direct
      product of land enclosure.
      Ordinary poor people have been denied of their only source of living
      and put into big dark factories with working conditions so bad,that
      they were probably worse than conditions of ancient slaves.
      Similarly today, the factories are being closed,because of "higher"
      interests,but I can't see right now what is the plan for those future
      unemployed ones. Maybe they can be used like cannon fodder?
      Or like someone said "war is the health of states".
      This contemporary land enclosure coupled with sweatshops and factories
      where those poor Chinese are working like slaves for some 10 or 20 US$
      are the other side of the coin.

      So basically I think those manufacturing jobs should stay where they
      are and Chinese and Indian villagers should stay on their farms.

      Regards,
      Sasha Mrkailo