our virtual flash mob for Eradicating Poverty Conference

  • Andrius Kulikauskas
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2004
      Hi! I appreciate our help to spread the word. Thank you, Andrius
      Kulikauskas, http://www.ms.lt

      Thank you to Jeff Buderer, Joy Tang, Janet Feldman and all for
      motivating us to act as a "flash mob" in response to the Eradicating
      Poverty Conference. http://povertyprofit.wri.org

      I ask our help to spread the word. You'll find the latest news at:
      http://www.openpeople.info/index.php/VirtualFlashMobs/EPC
      I will explain this in my own words, in the spirit of our Open People
      network, where "we make this up as we go along". Please note this will
      be for us a weeklong activity: December 12-18, 2004. Our goal is to
      position OneVillage.Biz so that they might receive "work not funds" from
      corporations that care to attend the Eradicating Poverty Conference.

      OneVillage.Biz is a team of social entrepreneurs in the United States
      and a network of activists in Africa who are working together in
      response to the AIDS challenge to inspire villages (and their "unity
      centers") to radically rethink and reshape our future.

      You can participate in our virtual flash mob by helping OneVillage.Biz
      build their new wiki pages at:
      http://www.openpeople.info/index.php/OneVillage/OneVillage
      We list some practical goals, and best of all, we invite you to connect
      your initiatives with ours!

      - We want to approach key participants of the Eradicating Poverty
      Conference throughout this week while they are still motivated to act on
      their concerns to address poverty. We want to approach sponsors:
      http://www.openpeople.info/index.php/VirtualFlashMobs/EPCSponsors
      who OneVillage.Biz (along with our networks) might serve in various
      ways. (We appreciate your help to think through services.) We also
      want to coordinate with other conference participants:
      http://www.openpeople.info/index.php/VirtualFlashMobs/EPCSponsors
      We will identify key people to write to, and then we are welcome to
      write letters to them to let them know that Joy Tang, Jeff Buderer and
      others at OneVillage.Biz might speak on behalf of our broader network.

      - We want to add pages to the OneVillage wiki to help jumpstart activity
      there:
      http://www.openpeople.info/index.php/OneVillage/OneVillage
      We welcome pages on new technologies for sustainablity, business models,
      financial models, an "open source approach to local economic
      development". In particular, we'll be connecting with "pattern language
      for global villages" that Franz Nahrada is organizing.

      - We also welcome pages of people who we should connect with or should
      highlight, especially from Africa:
      http://www.openpeople.info/index.php/Profiles/Profiles
      In particular, we'll follow up on Janet Feldman's work to organize
      participants for Global Learn Day 8.

      - This week we're starting, through the Minciu Sodas laboratory
      http://www.ms.lt, a new working group Back to the Root lead by Jeff
      Buderer on the topic of "connecting with ourselves", which is key so
      that we stay true to ourselves as we work together on these global
      challenges. This will include a section at the same wiki which we'll be
      able to connect to.

      Most of all, we invite your creativity and initiative! Please come with
      your favorite endeavors! You can also write directly to Jeff Buderer
      jefbuder@... or Joy Tang joy@... but best of all is to
      write openly through any one of our groups!

      Andrius

      on behalf of the Open People network
      more about us at http://www.openpeople.info

      Andrius Kulikauskas
      Minciu Sodas
      http://www.ms.lt
      ms@...
    • Zeljka Vinik
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 2004
        Hy , I'm so happy, becouse this idea and I give my suport and all halp in
        realisation this project. I havent time now. By for now. Zeljka from
        Sarajevo.

      • Zeljka Vinik
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 18, 2004