DHBD-Shanty Sing Reminder!

  • David Drake
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004
      Shanty Sing Reminder!

      Since I'll be out of town serving on the Sullivan Jan 5-19th, I wanted
      to send one more reminder before I leave:

      Shanty Sing –Out Monday January 12th

      Dean Calin of “Bounding Main” and Pier Wisconsin/ Tallship Denis
      Sullivan host the next in a series of “Sea Shanty Sing-Outs” on Monday
      January 12th at 7:00 PM.
      Special guests Tom and Chris Kastle of Chicago will be leading many of
      the evening’s songs. The general public is welcome. There is no charge
      to participate. The “Sea Shanty Sing-Out” will be held at PIER WISCONSIN
      (formerly The Wisconsin Lake Schooner Center) 500 N Harbor Drive (East
      Michigan Ave at the Lake). Call 414-276-7700 or visit
      www.pierwisconsin.org for information.

      Tom and Chris Kastle are singers, sailors, songwriters and storytellers
      who have performed the music of the Great Lakes, and the seas beyond, as
      far away as Poland and New Zealand. They have both served as crew and
      instructors aboard tall ships; Tom is a relief captain on the schooners
      Inland Seas and Windy as well as Mercury Cruises on the Chicago River.
      The Kastles teach a sea music class at the Old Town School of Folk Music
      Chicago and have several sea music recordings (see www.kastles.net).
      They are also the directors of the Chicago Maritime Festival, to be held
      on February 28, 2004 (see www.chicagomaritimefestival.org).

      Dean Calin is the founder of Bounding Main, a vocal group dedicated to
      keeping alive the spirit of Sea Shanties and Nautical Ballads. Based in
      the Chicago-Milwaukee corridor, this lively group of singers appear at
      nautical and Renaissance venues, including the Bristol Faire in Kenosha,
      WI and aboard the tall ship The Denis Sullivan. For information see:

      Sponsored by
      Pier Wisconsin and WISCON-SING,
      a member of DANCE-SING LTD a Milwaukee based 501c3 arts organization
      supporting performance in the Midwest. 414-276-7700 or visit
      www.pierwisconsin.org for information

      Lee Murdoch performs at the Endangered Folk Music series in Bayview
      January 18th at 4pm. For info see:

      Mustard's Retreat will present a House concert In MIlwaukee at Kathy
      Schultz's house February 22nd at 7pm. For details visit:
      www.mustard's reatreat.com