[MilwaukeeArtistResourceNetwork]Millenium Snapshot

  • MM
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2000
      For your consideration as we enter the 3rd Millenium:

      If Earth's population was shrunk into a village of just100 people --
      with all
      the human ratios existing in the world still remaining --what would this
      tiny,
      diverse village look like? That's exactly what Phillip M. Harter, a
      medical
      doctor at the Stanford University School of Medicine, attempted to
      figure out.
      This is what he found.

      57 would be Asian
      21 would be European
      14 would be from the Western Hemisphere
      8 would be African
      52 would be female
      48 would be male
      70 would be nonwhite
      30 would be white
      70 would be non-Christian
      30 would be Christian
      89 would be heterosexual
      11 would be homosexual
      6 people would possess 59 percent of the entire world's wealth, and all
      6 would
      be from the United States.
      80 would live in substandard housing
      70 would be unable to read
      50 would suffer from malnutrition
      1 would be near death
      1 would be pregnant
      1 would have a college education
      1 would own a computer

      One might think of it this way.
      If you live in a good home, have plenty to eat
      and can read, you are a member of a very select group.
      And if you have a good house, food, can read and have a computer,
      you are among
      the very elite.
      Let us all count our blessings.

      Best Wishes
      Michael Moynihan
    • oomicac@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1 8:35 PM
        Now that is something to think about as we pass quickly through this tiny
        village call earth.