Caught Up (A Political Vaudeville)

  • agntshawn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2002

      You are cordially invited to J. Hanway Theater Co.'s

      Caught Up
      (A Political Vaudeville)

      The show opened last night and the audience response was overwhelmingly positive.

      Tickets are $10 general admission and $5 students & seniors and may be purchased at the door or reserved by calling 262-783-7341.

      Here's the skinny from the press release.

      J. Hanway Theater Co. presents: Caught Up

      VIRGINIA
      And now . . . now they have wronged me.  They have wronged me Terri.  They have wronged my way of life.  And I will wrong them.  Even if it's wrong to wrong them.  Even if I'm wrong - nobody, nobody is going to stop me from being wrong.

      Caught Up, the seed production of the J. Hanway Theater Co.'s Developing Works Series, is an  exploration of one young woman's journey into irrationality and the absurdity of a violent act.  Written by Milwaukee playwright John Van Slyke in collaboration with director Holly Blomquist and the ensemble cast, the piece was developed in a workshop format this spring.  Follow Virginia along a twisted path as she transforms from a whale-loving activist to a whale-hating activist to a pawn in a terrorist's scheme and confronts the consequence of her actions.  J. Hanway's Developing Works Series provides an opportunity for theater artists to create new theater works that give voice to their perspectives and reactions to issues of the moment.

      Ensemble members: Meaghan Dutton, Anina Bacon, Joel Bauer, Maggie Bourque, Brian Roloff, Joel Bauer, Rachel Kenison and Dave Ferrie.  The production is stage managed by Kate DeCoste with lighting and sound design by Erica Drefahl.

      The play is presented at the Brumder Mansion, 3046 W. Wisconsin Ave., opening May 31st and closing June 9th. Tickets are $10 general admission and $5 students & seniors and may be reserved by calling 262-783-7341.  Individual performance dates are as follows:

         Friday, May 31st
          Saturday, June 1st
          Sunday, June 2nd

          Friday, June 7th