new classes beginning in the next month

  • bekiborman
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2013
      New Classes Starting Soon with Beki Borman

      Intro to Abstract Painting

      Wednesdays, Feb 20 & Feb 27, 6:00PM- 8:00PM
      Milwaukee Recreation, Fritsche Middle School
      2751 S Lenox St
      Milwaukee, WI 53207

      Learn how to see and paint abstractly! We will discuss color, line,
      composition,
      and context and how these elements can be utilized in creating a strong
      painting in the absence of a traditional subject. Fee includes cost of
      materials.
      To learn more or to register:

      Cost: $13 Residents/$19.50 Non-Residents
      Register by phone: 414-475-8811 or online

      Watercolor Workshop
      Thursdays, Feb 14 & Feb 21, 6:00PM- 8:00PM

      Milwaukee Recreation, Milwaukee School of Languages

      8400 W. Burleigh St

      Milwaukee, WI 53222

      Begin your journey into watercolor! This class is ideal for those with
      some experience in drawing, but no knowledge of painting is required. We
      will go over the basics of the medium itself, including materials,
      application, method, and technique. Students will work from a still life
      to develop an understanding of mixing and application. Class fee
      includes all materials. Class is non-refundable.

      Cost: $20 Residents/$30 Non-Residents

      Register by phone: 414-475-8811 or online

      Introduction to Oil Painting

      Saturday, Feb 16, 10:00AM - 4PM
      The Art Garage
      1400 Cedar St.
      Green Bay, WI 54302
      Begin your journey into oil painting! In this class we will cover the
      basics of materials, mixing, applications, and cleaning procedures. We
      will discuss different painting methods and techniques, such as
      under-painting, direct painting, and more. Working from still life we
      will practice different ways of building an image in oil. This class is
      a perfect place for beginners to start.

      Cost: $80

      Register by phone: 920-448-6800 or online

      Pastel Landscapes
      Mondays, Feb 25âˆ'Mar 11, 3:00âˆ'5:30PM

      The Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts

      19805 W. Capitol Drive

      Brookfield, WI 53045

      Make a landscape come alive in this pastel drawing class, where
      you'll learn how to layer and blend pastel colors to achieve
      gradation, depth, and atmosphere. Open to all skill levels.

      Cost: $80

      Register by phone: 262-373-5023 or online
      <http://wilson-center.com/explore/AdultArtClasses.php>

      New Methods in Acrylic Painting

      Mondays, Feb 25âˆ'Mar 11, 6:00âˆ'8:30PM

      The Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts

      19805 W. Capitol Drive

      Brookfield, WI 53045

      Take your painting skills to the next level! Layering, carving, drawing,
      washes, mark-making, mixed media, brushstroke, and much more will be
      covered. Some experience is helpful but beginners are welcome!

      Cost: $80

      Register by phone: 262-373-5023 or online
      <http://wilson-center.com/explore/AdultArtClasses.php>

      Painting Start to Finish
      Tuesdays, Mar 5 – Apr 2, 6:30-8:30PM (no class March 19)

      Alverno College

      3400 S 43rd St

      Milwaukee, WI 53234

      Learn the process of developing a painting methodically step by step.
      The class will begin with preliminary brainstorming and sketching. We
      will then develop a working study while discussing color and
      application. Finally students will move onto the final piece beginning
      with an underpainting and ultimately will complete a single well
      thought-out painting. The tools learned along the way can be applied to
      all future artistic endeavors!

      Cost:$80

      Register by phone: 414-382-6218 or online