FW: What's happening in January at Boulevard Ensemble!!! Openings, Poetry Slams, First Readings

  • Michael Brenner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2002
      ----------
      From: Mark Bucher <mbucher@...>
      Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 19:56:29 -0600
      To: mbucher@...
      Subject: Fw: What's happening in January at Boulevard Ensemble!!! Openings,
      Poetry Slams, First Readings

      Hey Holiday Boulevard Friends:

      Don't Forget In January:

      ...the Milwaukee Premiere of Claudia Shear's magnificent one-woman comic
      travelogue BLOWN SIDEWAYS THROUGH LIFE (Preview: Saturday, January 5th
      at 2 p.m.; Opening Night/WeekEnd: Sunday, January 6th at 7:30 p.m. &
      Monday, January 7th at 7:30 p.m.)---mention this email and get in for $5
      on January 5th or $10 for January 6th/7th!!! This show is sure to sell
      fast and it only runs 12 shows....don't delay--remember THE PRODUCERS?
      Actress Patricia Durante makes her Milwaukee debut in the title role of
      the talented tornado, directed by Artistic Director Mark
      Bucher!---RESERVE NOW.

      ...the wonderful production of BELLE OF AMHERST continues, featuring Beth
      Monhollen directed by Maureen Kilmurry in a one-woman show detailing the
      life of poet Emily Dickinson---this lovely production has only a handful
      of open performances left available....don't wait to catch this exquisite
      cameo ...call now!!!!

      ...the first reading of E. L. Doctorow's DRINKS BEFORE DINNER---January
      12th, I believe.....But our CrackerJack Stage Manager Rachel Kenison will
      certainly advise all the actors of exact time (her email:
      rachel99@...), and board members/staff members are invited to
      attend the first readthrough---place TBA....

      ...the much heralded Poetry WineSlam featuring Monty Davis, James
      Pickering, Ruth Schudson, Jennifer Rupp and so very many other fabulous
      talents reading their favorite poem while we enjoy great wine from Mo's
      Market: A Place For Wine and complimentary appetizers from local
      restaurants (and if anyone knows anyone to donate food---let us
      know!)....

      and don't forget the Milwaukee debut of local playwright Jim Thibodeau's
      wild farce GREAT DANES, a comedy about the perils of producing HAMLET,
      directed by Chad Tessmer--who was so wonderful as the puppet-toting
      convict Millet in last October's FUDDY MEERS....GREAT DANES runs limited
      performances (February 1st through February 10th)....call now.....
      as always, our 24 hour voice mail is 414.744.5757 (press pound to jump to
      the end of the message).

      And take a moment to forward this onto any friends who might be
      interested....thanks and have a happy New Year!!!!

      Sincerely,
      Mark Bucher
      and The Boulevard Ensemble