Fall Arts Preview deadline Friday

  • Mary Louise Schumacher
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2010
      Hi everyone, just a final reminder that I am gathering information for the Visual Arts Fall Preview section. The deadline for submitting information for the section is Friday. It's a great opportunity -- a special section that people hold onto for months.

      I am looking for information about the upcoming year of shows. The information we get now greatly influences what and how things get covered for months to come. Though I typically prefer getting information about shows via email and/or Facebook these days, this is an annual exception. We need to get information via the mail for the preview (in order to not crash servers).

      INSTRUCTIONS FOR FALL ARTS PREVIEW:
      Please send to me, by mail (address below), so it's received by September 3rd:

      1. A schedule of exhibits and events through May 2011. This should include opening and closing dates and essential information about the shows.
      2. A disk of high resolution images (jpegs or tifs, 200 dpi or more) for as many of the shows as possible and a list of image IDs. The more images the better.
      3. A note about what's most important, to your mind. I'll literally be sifting through hundreds of events, so draw my attention to what you believe is most worth my attention.
      4. Up-to-date contact names, email addresses and web addresses.

      You are also welcome to drop off your information in the lobby of the Journal Sentinel, if you are concerned about making the Friday deadline.

      Thank you for helping us keep our coverage relevant. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me (mschumacher@...<mailto:mschumacher@...>) or my editor Jim Higgins (jhiggins@...<mailto:jhiggins@...>) if you have any questions (please put "Fall Arts Preview" in the subject line).

      Here's hoping you are having a wonderful summer,
      Mary Louise Schumacher
      art and architecture critic
      Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
      333 W. State St.