Sura Furaj about murals ordinance off the table

  • Pegi Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2009
      Sura Faraj asked me to forward this email to MARN.
      Pegi Taylor

      From: "Sura Faraj / SuraForChange.com" <sura@...>
      Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 14:53:31 -0600

      You all rock.

      Thanks for your calls and letters. They worked.

      I spoke to Alder Tony Zielinski this a.m. and he has taken the mural
      ordinance off the table, at least for now.

      According to him, it will not be part of the CPC meeting on Monday nor the
      next ZND meeting.

      He said he supports the arts. He will take out the fees and the 200 ft.
      area. If that's not enough, he wants to talk to and work *with* artists and
      organizers to come up with something that's beneficial to all of us. If we
      can't find something mutually satisfying, it sounds like he would let it go.

      Please email him a big thank you at tzieli@...