Identity Worn @ 801 Gallery: Friday, September 5, 2008 - 6 - 9 p.m.

  • jv
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2008
      Please forward this email to interested parties

      -801 Gallery-

      801 Center Street

      Milwaukee, WI, 53212

      Identity Worn @ 801 Gallery

      -A Photographic Exploration of Subculture-

      Joe and Daniel have invited you to "801 Gallery- Identity Worn" on Friday, September 5 at
      6:00 pm.

      Event: 801 Gallery- Identity Worn
      "Sept 5 - 20, 2008"
      What: Exhibit
      Host: 801 Gallery
      Start Time: Friday, September 5 at 6:00 pm
      End Time: Saturday, September 20 at 9:00 am
      Where: 801 Center Street (corner of Fratney)

      To see more details and RSVP, follow the link below:
      http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=26726631&k=Y5B4YWWRR5YM5FGBTEZTXS

      Joe Ventress is a Peck School of the Arts Graduate. His work in progress will be shown at
      801 Gallery.

      "I have long been interested in documenting communities that reside well outside of
      mainstream social constructs including the ways in which they can subversively influence
      the mainstream in both subtle and conspicuous ways. I have recently embarked on a
      project to document the Punk and Metal communities of South East Wisconsin via
      photography (for gallery and book,) and video or 16-mm film (for installation.) This
      project will eventually expand to include national and international extreme music
      communities, i.e., Black-metal, noise, Pagan, Hardcore, Political, Peace-punk, Anarcho-
      punk, etc. "

      -Ventress

      For me, I see a community I have long been familiar with , documented in a sensitive way
      that reveals an identity that is worn on the outside. An inescapable identity, an identity in
      progress, a physical palette of past, present and future literally sewn together, stitched
      into cloth and skin.

      -Dan Kelly

      Come for the opening party, 6pm, Friday the 5th of September.