Re: [Designations] "Missing" USAF Aircraft Designations: New Data Available

  • Andreas Parsch
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2002
      Jos Heyman wrote:

      > I have missed some of this previous conversation and am getting a little bit
      > confused but my info is as follows:

      > [Summary of SV-5/X-23/X-24]

      This is all correct to the point. That's why I think the "SV-5P" in the
      USAF's record about the rejection of the X-23A designatior should really be
      "SV-5D". It just doesn't make sense to reject a designation for the _manned_
      SV-5P for the reason of it "not [being] designed for human occupancy".

      As Jeff said, it may well be that a copying error crept into the record at
      some time.

      Andreas