RE: [Designations] Article: Designations Revealed

  • Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6 6:42 AM
      Andreas,

      >The article (I read across it very quickly at the newsstand, but
      >didn't buy the mag) is rather good. Even a nitpicking nerd as I had
      >some trouble to find one or two inaccuracies or typos ;-) (none of
      >which were really significant, IIRC).

      There are a couple of things that are questionable, but as you said,
      nothing really significant. And he does specifically refer to your web
      site in the endnote. ;-)

      >No (at least not with his normal e-mail address). But judging from his
      >books and articles, he is clearly somewhat more interested in
      >designations than the average aerospace author :-).

      He certainly tries to be accurate, and does a pretty good job with it. I
      would absolutely recommend most (if not all) of his books. Specifically
      his Space Shuttle book(s) are really excellent! His email address was
      DJenkins at IU dot net back in 1998, but I don't know if this is still
      valid today.

      Ruud,

      >Does the publishers has a website were the journals can be ordered?

      Yes, their web site is: http://www.WingsAirPower.com and they have some
      info on subscriptions and back issues, but I don't know about ordering a
      copy of the current issue(s).

      -- Andreas

      --- ---
      Andreas Gehrs-Pahl E-Mail: GPahl@...
      415 Gute Street or: Andreas@...
      Owosso, MI 48867-4410 or: Andreas@...
      Tel: (989) 723-9927 Web Site: http://www.Aerospace-History.net
      --- ---
    • Andreas Parsch
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6 7:02 AM
        Andreas Gehrs-Pahl wrote:

        > There are a couple of things that are questionable, but as you said,
        > nothing really significant. And he does specifically refer to your web
        > site in the endnote. ;-)

        Yes, that's nice of him. Although I suspect that anyone who is really
        interested to look up that topic on the web in the first place has
        probably already come across my site anyway ;-).

        > He certainly tries to be accurate, and does a pretty good job with it. I
        > would absolutely recommend most (if not all) of his books. Specifically
        > his Space Shuttle book(s) are really excellent!

        I absolutely agree with that.

        > His email address was
        > DJenkins at IU dot net back in 1998, but I don't know if this is still
        > valid today.

        I have dennisjenkins (at) earthlink (dot) net as of late 2004.

        Andreas
      • Jos Heyman
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 7 4:05 PM
          Try www.wingsairpower.com or www.airwingmedia.com