ConSuite Director Opening

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
      There is currently an opening on the MileHiCon committe for the position of ConSuite Director. No previous experienced needed. The responsibilities for this position include the following:

      • Organizes and coordinates ConSuite activities.
      • Purchases and/or makes all ConSuite supplies.
      • Coordinates supplies pickup with Logistics.
      • Schedules all ConSuite sponsors.
      • Writes all Con Suite activities descriptions.
      • Transfers Con Suite schedule and descriptions to Program Book publisher.
      • May have assistants for all day activities, setup and tear down.

      Don't let this list scare you. This year the supplies will be easier than in the past. Due to new hotel rules and state regulations, we can no longer cook or warm food in the ConSuite. This means only packaged items or items ordered in from a restaurant. ConSuite sponsors call you, no solicitation is necessary.

      As the ConSuite Director you will get to meet almost everyone who attends the convention and the GOHs, since they all eventually make up to the ConSuite. Contact me, if you are interested in taking on this fun activity.

      Talk to you soon,
      Linda Nelson
      MHC Chairperson
    • Richard Wetmore
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 2, 2010
        So, no more soup, for anyone...

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 3, 2010
          Nope no soup. And Linda I have the email info for the new one and I am willing to meet up and give some information to them as well.

          Thanks,
          Julia Morgan

          Richard Wetmore <admkvar2@...> wrote:

          >So, no more soup, for anyone...
          >

          >________________________________

        • Linda Nelson
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 3, 2010
            That’s right.

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 3, 2010
              So, to clarify, when ordering in from a restaurant, are steam pans
              allowed?

              On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 23:05 +0000, Linda wrote:

              > There is currently an opening on the MileHiCon committe for the
              > position of ConSuite Director. No previous experienced needed. The
              > responsibilities for this position include the following:
              >
              > • Organizes and coordinates ConSuite activities.
              > • Purchases and/or makes all ConSuite supplies.
              > • Coordinates supplies pickup with Logistics.
              > • Schedules all ConSuite sponsors.
              > • Writes all Con Suite activities descriptions.
              > • Transfers Con Suite schedule and descriptions to Program Book
              > publisher.
              > • May have assistants for all day activities, setup and tear down.
              >
              > Don't let this list scare you. This year the supplies will be easier
              > than in the past. Due to new hotel rules and state regulations, we can
              > no longer cook or warm food in the ConSuite. This means only packaged
              > items or items ordered in from a restaurant. ConSuite sponsors call
              > you, no solicitation is necessary.
              >
              > As the ConSuite Director you will get to meet almost everyone who
              > attends the convention and the GOHs, since they all eventually make up
              > to the ConSuite. Contact me, if you are interested in taking on this
              > fun activity.
              >
              > Talk to you soon,
              > Linda Nelson
              > MHC Chairperson

            • David Medinnus
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 3, 2010
                Hey Mitz

                David Medinnus - david@...
                "In Chaos, There Is Profit"

                ________________________________
                So, to clarify, when ordering in from a restaurant, are steam pans
                allowed?

                On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 23:05 +0000, Linda wrote:

                > There is currently an opening on the MileHiCon committe for the
                > position of ConSuite Director. No previous experienced needed. The
                > responsibilities for this position include the following:
                >
                > Organizes and coordinates ConSuite activities.
                > Purchases and/or makes all ConSuite supplies.
                > Coordinates supplies pickup with Logistics.
                > Schedules all ConSuite sponsors.
                > Writes all Con Suite activities descriptions.
                > Transfers Con Suite schedule and descriptions to Program Book
                > publisher.
                > May have assistants for all day activities, setup and tear down.
                >
                > Don't let this list scare you. This year the supplies will be easier
                > than in the past. Due to new hotel rules and state regulations, we can
                > no longer cook or warm food in the ConSuite. This means only packaged
                > items or items ordered in from a restaurant. ConSuite sponsors call
                > you, no solicitation is necessary.
                >
                > As the ConSuite Director you will get to meet almost everyone who
                > attends the convention and the GOHs, since they all eventually make up
                > to the ConSuite. Contact me, if you are interested in taking on this
                > fun activity.
                >
                > Talk to you soon,
                > Linda Nelson
                > MHC Chairperson

              • Linda Nelson
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 4, 2010
                  Mitzi,

                  No Steam pans are not allowed. We can not cook, warm or heat. This means no steam pans, crock pots, toaster ovens, toasters, sterno heating units, or microwaves. However, we can order hot food from out-side. Such as, pizza, chicken, hot sandwiches, Chinese, Italian, burritos, etc. These items would be made by an out-side licensed food service company. Hope this helps.

                  Linda

                  So, to clarify, when ordering in from a restaurant, are steam pans
                  allowed?

                  On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 23:05 +0000, Linda wrote:

                  > There is currently an opening on the MileHiCon committe for the
                  > position of ConSuite Director. No previous experienced needed. The
                  > responsibilities for this position include the following:
                  >
                  > • Organizes and coordinates ConSuite activities.
                  > • Purchases and/or makes all ConSuite supplies.
                  > • Coordinates supplies pickup with Logistics.
                  > • Schedules all ConSuite sponsors.
                  > • Writes all Con Suite activities descriptions.
                  > • Transfers Con Suite schedule and descriptions to Program Book
                  > publisher.
                  > • May have assistants for all day activities, setup and tear down.
                  >
                  > Don't let this list scare you. This year the supplies will be easier
                  > than in the past. Due to new hotel rules and state regulations, we can
                  > no longer cook or warm food in the ConSuite. This means only packaged
                  > items or items ordered in from a restaurant. ConSuite sponsors call
                  > you, no solicitation is necessary.
                  >
                  > As the ConSuite Director you will get to meet almost everyone who
                  > attends the convention and the GOHs, since they all eventually make up
                  > to the ConSuite. Contact me, if you are interested in taking on this
                  > fun activity.
                  >
                  > Talk to you soon,
                  > Linda Nelson
                  > MHC Chairperson

                • Mitzi Jones
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 4, 2010
                    Hey Dave...

                    On Sat, 2010-04-03 at 19:15 -0700, David Medinnus wrote:

                    > Hey Mitz
                    >
                    > David Medinnus - david@...
                    > "In Chaos, There Is Profit"
                    >
                    > ________________________________

                  • BJ and Tim
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 5, 2010
                      Time for a new location? One more accommodating? I know it's a danger I
                      suppose...but have we ever caused any damage or unaccountable mess (that we
                      didn't clean up)? Like spilled soup or such....
                      Just asking...... Is a thought to think :)

                      BJ

                      So, to clarify, when ordering in from a restaurant, are steam pans
                      allowed?

                      On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 23:05 +0000, Linda wrote:

                      > There is currently an opening on the MileHiCon committe for the
                      > position of ConSuite Director. No previous experienced needed. The
                      > responsibilities for this position include the following:
                      >
                      > • Organizes and coordinates ConSuite activities.
                      > • Purchases and/or makes all ConSuite supplies.
                      > • Coordinates supplies pickup with Logistics.
                      > • Schedules all ConSuite sponsors.
                      > • Writes all Con Suite activities descriptions.
                      > • Transfers Con Suite schedule and descriptions to Program Book
                      > publisher.
                      > • May have assistants for all day activities, setup and tear down.
                      >
                      > Don't let this list scare you. This year the supplies will be easier
                      > than in the past. Due to new hotel rules and state regulations, we can
                      > no longer cook or warm food in the ConSuite. This means only packaged
                      > items or items ordered in from a restaurant. ConSuite sponsors call
                      > you, no solicitation is necessary.
                      >
                      > As the ConSuite Director you will get to meet almost everyone who
                      > attends the convention and the GOHs, since they all eventually make up
                      > to the ConSuite. Contact me, if you are interested in taking on this
                      > fun activity.
                      >
                      > Talk to you soon,
                      > Linda Nelson
                      > MHC Chairperson

                    • Christine Childs
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 5, 2010
                        Hi Linda and Mitzi,
                        From what I understood last year - if a restaurant brings the steam pans
                        (like Qdoba does) and sets everything up it's okay. In that case it's not
                        cooking the food, just keeping it safe. I'd check with the hotel for sure,
                        but that was the understanding I got from discussing it with the hotel
                        personnel that came and talked to me while I was working for the consuite
                        last year. As a person with a lot of food safety background, the hotel would
                        actually be reducing food safety and causing issues if the allowed a
                        restaurant to bring food in, but no way to keep it at the proper
                        temperature.

                        Thanks,
                        Christine Childs MT(ASCP)

                        On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Linda Nelson <lindanel@...> wrote:

                        > Mitzi,
                        >
                        > No Steam pans are not allowed. We can not cook, warm or heat. This means
                        > no steam pans, crock pots, toaster ovens, toasters, sterno heating units, or
                        > microwaves. However, we can order hot food from out-side. Such as, pizza,
                        > chicken, hot sandwiches, Chinese, Italian, burritos, etc. These items would
                        > be made by an out-side licensed food service company. Hope this helps.
                        >

                        > Linda

                        The way to get things done is not to mind who gets the credit for doing
                        them.
                        - Benjamin Jowett (1817-1893), British theologian and classicist

                      • Linda Nelson
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 5, 2010
                          BJ,

                          All hotels have the same issues. There are three issues. 1) keeping food at the correct temperature and safe. 2) MileHiCon is not licensed to serve food and we don’t want to be 3) the hotel is liable for people getting sick at their hotel. Oops a fourth issue. 4) fire safety, too many circuits and/or sternos going in a room at one time are unsafe. Things that are prepared by a licensed food service company and meant to be eaten within an hour or two of preparation are acceptable. That is why pizzas, hot sandwiches, fried chicken, Chinese food, etc. are acceptable.

                          Oh, and yes we have spilled food and such on the carpet and been charged $500.00 for cleaning.

                          Yes, it is going to be a disappointment, but we are going to have to live with it. Why do you think there are no other conventions in Colorado that still have a consuites. It is because they have all had issues with the hotels. We have lasted far far longer than any of the other conventions. At least we still have a consuite.

                          Linda Nelson

                          MHC Chairperson

                          So, to clarify, when ordering in from a restaurant, are steam pans
                          allowed?

                          On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 23:05 +0000, Linda wrote:

                          > There is currently an opening on the MileHiCon committe for the
                          > position of ConSuite Director. No previous experienced needed. The
                          > responsibilities for this position include the following:
                          >
                          > • Organizes and coordinates ConSuite activities.
                          > • Purchases and/or makes all ConSuite supplies.
                          > • Coordinates supplies pickup with Logistics.
                          > • Schedules all ConSuite sponsors.
                          > • Writes all Con Suite activities descriptions.
                          > • Transfers Con Suite schedule and descriptions to Program Book
                          > publisher.
                          > • May have assistants for all day activities, setup and tear down.
                          >
                          > Don't let this list scare you. This year the supplies will be easier
                          > than in the past. Due to new hotel rules and state regulations, we can
                          > no longer cook or warm food in the ConSuite. This means only packaged
                          > items or items ordered in from a restaurant. ConSuite sponsors call
                          > you, no solicitation is necessary.
                          >
                          > As the ConSuite Director you will get to meet almost everyone who
                          > attends the convention and the GOHs, since they all eventually make up
                          > to the ConSuite. Contact me, if you are interested in taking on this
                          > fun activity.
                          >
                          > Talk to you soon,
                          > Linda Nelson
                          > MHC Chairperson

                        • Daniel Dvorkin
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 6, 2010
                            Please tell me we can still have a coffeepot.
                          • BJ and Tim
                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 6, 2010
                              I agree...the fact that you can compromise and accept change is truly great
                              for all of us who can attend , so we can continue to look forward to the
                              years ahead. Getting to see all our old friends and new ones is itself worth
                              the small thing of no soup in the rooms or other places. We can eat other
                              ways as you suggested in an earlier email...no big deal. Changing places
                              would only be a thought "IF" it would be possible to have more options
                              available...since that isn't there to consider, then there is no point in
                              even thinking of a change. We're used to the old place anyway. :) It holds a
                              lot of memories for me...that's for sure. I look forward to this fall and
                              hopefully able to attend. I haven't had the health to come for years and
                              every time I plan to I go down-with my health, so I won't plan on anything
                              and who knows maybe I can. :)

                              From: MileHiCon@yahoogroups.com <mailto:MileHiCon%40yahoogroups.com>