Music Guest for MHC 41

  • Linda Nelson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2009
      I am pleased to announce that Marc Gunn (formerly with The Bards)has agreed to be the Music Guest of Honor at MileHiCon 41. Below is a short bio.

      Cats. Irish music. Sci Fi. Drinking songs. Nowhere else but from the
      bizarre imagination of Marc Gunn would those four elements be so
      neatly integrated. Yet Gunn, formerly of the award-winning
      Brobdingnagian Bards and sometimes called "the hardest working man in
      Celtic music" around his hometown in Austin, is an accomplished Celtic
      Geek musician and podcaster with quirky sense of humor. He defies the
      odds by turning his love of music into a fun career. Last year, he
      released four albums of music to that end, including a follow up to
      his purrfully popular cat CD, "Whiskers in the Jar: Irish Songs for
      Cat Lovers" and an album of funny filk music, "What Color Is Your
      Dragon?". He is currently in the studio plugging away at a joyful
      tribute to dying with the CD "Happy Songs of Death".

      Sounds like fun, eh? His website is www.marcgunn.com for more information.

      Linda Nelson
      MHC 41 Chairperson
    • Harriet/Eiric
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2009
        Sweet!!!
        I've been a fan of his for years, and he's absolutely brilliant. Woohoo!

        Harriet

        Linda Nelson wrote:
        > I am pleased to announce that Marc Gunn (formerly with The Bards)has agreed to be the Music Guest of Honor at MileHiCon 41. Below is a short bio.
        >
        > Cats. Irish music. Sci Fi. Drinking songs. Nowhere else but from the
        > bizarre imagination of Marc Gunn would those four elements be so
        > neatly integrated. Yet Gunn, formerly of the award-winning
        > Brobdingnagian Bards and sometimes called "the hardest working man in
        > Celtic music" around his hometown in Austin, is an accomplished Celtic
        > Geek musician and podcaster with quirky sense of humor. He defies the
        > odds by turning his love of music into a fun career. Last year, he
        > released four albums of music to that end, including a follow up to
        > his purrfully popular cat CD, "Whiskers in the Jar: Irish Songs for
        > Cat Lovers" and an album of funny filk music, "What Color Is Your
        > Dragon?". He is currently in the studio plugging away at a joyful
        > tribute to dying with the CD "Happy Songs of Death".
        >
        > Sounds like fun, eh? His website is www.marcgunn.com for more information.
        >
        > Linda Nelson
        > MHC 41 Chairperson

      • Celtslm
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2009
          Excellent choice! I am a big Marc Gunn/Brobdingnagian Bards fan, as are many of my friends.

          In anticipation,
          Aicelina