newbie question

  • Neil
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2008
      I'm attending my first MHC this year and I'm trying to find out when
      Jim Butcher will be doing autographs and if he will be doing any
      panels.

      Thanks

      Neil
    • shallan1958
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2008
        First, welcome and glad you can make it.  I haven't missed one since my first and have enjoyed each since.  Love being around the whole thing.

        Second, I've a feeling Jim will definitely be promoting his next book which is supposed to be released on Amazon.com on Oct 14 (I hope to have it before the Con), and I think he has anothe coming out in the early part of 2009.  There is supposed to be a mingling type thing going on in the bar one of the nights (Saturday?) with the authors and I'll bet he'll be on a panel or two.  I can even see him giving a reading from one of his books.

        Can't wait!!

        "The strength of the pack is with the wolf. The strength of the wolf is with the pack." Rudyard Kipling - "Jungle Book"

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2008
          Neil,

          We are still working on the schedule. Schedules often ship up to the a
          couple of weeks before the convention, because quite often we last minute
          confirmations from other authors and speakers. Jim Butcher will at the
          convention all three days and he will be doing several panels. The schedule
          will be posted on the website and the yahoo group when it is fairly firm
          within the next couple of weeks. Keep checking.

          Linda Nelson

          MHC 40 Chairperson

          _____

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008
            Just a heads up.  In case you don't lurk or post around Jim's website.. check out the forum section at jim-butcher.com.  (Mac's is always a good place to start out.) Maybe we need an idea of how many will be at MiHi.  There is a section for events.  I'll set it up and see how many are showing up.  Meg_Evonne

          • wereleopardlover@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008
              Great idea! I haven't been over to the website in a while. I"m a local Butcher fan who is coming to the Con. :D

              Hugs
              Maggie

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008
                Always nice to meet more Dresden fans.

                Laura Jordan

              • rose_beetem
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 2, 2008
                  Hi Neil,

                  While this is not set in stone, here is a current low-res snapshot.
                  Jim will be doing a reading no Friday afternoon, then will be at
                  opening ceremonies and autograph alley afterwards. He and Shannon
                  will be doing An Hour with the Butchers on Saturday, and they will
                  both be on a couple of panels throughout Saturday and SUnday. He'll
                  be at the GoH Remarks on Sunday, and closing ceremonies. I hope to
                  schedule him for a signing on both Saturday and Sunday, in addition
                  to Autograph Alley on Friday.

                  As Linda says, when the schedule is firmer, it will be posted on the
                  Yahoogroup. See you at the con!
                  Program Rose

                • wereleopardlover@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 6, 2008
                    In a message dated 10/1/2008 7:27:52 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
                    shallan1958@... writes:

                    Second, I've a feeling Jim will definitely be promoting his next book which
                    is supposed to be released on Amazon.com on Oct 14 (I hope to have it before
                    the Con), and I think he has anothe coming out in the early part of 2009.
                    There is supposed to be a mingling type thing going on in the bar one of the
                    nights (Saturday?) with the authors and I'll bet he'll be on a panel or two. I
                    can even see him giving a reading from one of his books.

                    I think it's the novellete of Thomas you're talking about right? That
                    doesn't come out til October 31st last I checked. The next Dresden Book, Turn Coat,
                    comes out in April of 09. I so want the both YESTERDAY LOL.

                    Hugs
                    Maggie

                  • wereleopardlover@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 13, 2008
                      In a message dated 10/2/2008 12:22:46 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
                      ladylaura_1969@... writes:

                      Always nice to meet more Dresden fans.

                      Laura Jordan

                      Thanks Laura!