Past & future programming

  • rose_beetem
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2007
      Hi all,
      Hope you all had a great time at MileHiCon 39! We're already starting
      to look a bit ahead to 40 (OMG).

      From programming's standpoint, I'd like to hear what you thought
      worked, what didn't, what you liked, and what you didn't (but be nice
      about it, okay?) as well as ideas for next year.

      Also, if you are interested in participating in the fannish
      programming, let me know: send your contact info (that means more than
      just email, please ... I've more than once lost touch with people when
      they change emails without warning and I don't have a backup phone or
      address) and a paragraph telling about your background, expertise, etc.

      I'm also looking for people interested in working on programming both
      ahead of time and at the con as track managers, etc. Let me know if
      you're interested and what you would be able to do.

      Finally, I'm hoping to put together a history (undoubtedly incomplete)
      of the con by next year, so if you have memories, photos, etc., you're
      willing to share, let me know.

      Cheers!
      Rose
    • MysticV
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2007
        Rose I am interested in help with programming, if you will me.

        John M.

        _____

        Hope you all had a great time at MileHiCon 39! We're already starting
        to look a bit ahead to 40 (OMG).

        From programming's standpoint, I'd like to hear what you thought
[...]

      • cloven_fruit_games
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 26, 2007
          --- In MileHiCon@yahoogroups.com, "rose_beetem" <rosebeetem@...> wrote:
          >Also, if you are interested in participating in the fannish
          >programming, let me know: send your contact info (that means more than
          just email, please ... I've more than once lost touch with people when
          they change emails without warning and I don't have a backup phone or
          address) and a paragraph telling about your background, expertise, etc.

          Rose, I am interested in helping you with gaming panels.
          Please email at

          cloven-fruit@...

          Thanks
          Fred Poutre
          Cloven Fruit Games
        • Steve Gaalema
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2007
            >From programming's standpoint, I'd like to hear what you thought
            worked...

            Rose,

            I thought our 'Measuring climate change' panel went well.

            I think there is a lot of good material to do a 'Geoengineering to offset climate change' panel next year. We can call it 'Terraforming the Earth'...

            Regards,

            Steve Gaalema

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2007
              I really enjoyed the few panels I got to attend, especially "Rocket
              Songs" and the cartooning panel.
              I do have ideas for a couple of panels, and if you don't mind me trying
              them out at Bubonicon first and then bringing them to MileHi, I'd be
              happy to do them. I'll send you my contact info off-list, and it's
              recently changed, anyway. I'd also like to join in on other panels, too,
              if you need someone.
              The only problem I had with programming is the usual fan's complaint of
              being unable to bilocate and not having a time-turner to use!

              Looking forward to MHC40!
              Harriet

              Steve Gaalema wrote:
              > >From programming's standpoint, I'd like to hear what you thought
              > worked...
              >
              > Rose,
              >
              > I thought our 'Measuring climate change' panel went well.
              >
              > I think there is a lot of good material to do a 'Geoengineering to offset climate change' panel next year. We can call it 'Terraforming the Earth'...
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Steve Gaalema

            • shallan1958
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 2, 2007
                Rose, and especially Steve

                My friend and I really enjoyed the "Measuring climate change" panel, though she was pretty worried it was going to be one of those 'woe, the sky is falling' discussions that are so hot today. My friend was the one who you got to talk about clouds and what she does at CIRA up in Ft. Collins. <grin> She was ready to have a "discussion" if the talk had turned into a "woe" type hour.

                If you plan one about the idea of geoengineering, we'll be there with bells on.

                Shallan

                Steve Gaalema <sgaalema@...> wrote:
                >From programming's standpoint, I'd like to hear what you thought
                worked...

                Rose,

                I thought our 'Measuring climate change' panel went well.

                I think there is a lot of good material to do a 'Geoengineering to offset climate change' panel next year. We can call it 'Terraforming the Earth'...

                Regards,

                Steve Gaalema

                Hope you all had a great time at MileHiCon 39! We're already starting
                to look a bit ahead to 40 (OMG).

                From programming's standpoint, I'd like to hear what you thought
[...]

                "The strength of the pack is with the wolf. The strength of the wolf is with the pack." Rudyard Kipling - "Jungle Book"

              • godcalling2003
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 3, 2007
                  --- In MileHiCon@yahoogroups.com, milehiconprogram@... wrote:

                  > > Hi all,
                  > Hope you all had a great time at MileHiCon 39! We're already starting to look a bit ahead to 40 (OMG).
                  > If you are interested in participating in fannish programming, let me know...

                  Hey, I'd like to help, although I'm not sure how. My main skills are
                  web and graphic design. Let me know!

                  Amy Cahill