Shining Marbled in Cornwall

  • Leon Truscott
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20, 2012
      A friend in East Cornwall trapped and photographed a Shining Marbled Pseudeustrotia candidula last night (19 Aug).

      I believe this may be the second British record following the Herefordshire one on 2006.

      Does anyone know of any other records?

      Leon
      Torpoint, Cornwall

    • Simon Davey
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 20, 2012
        It is incredible the number of very scarce and unusual migrants that have
        been recorded over the last few days. Shining Marbled, the Latin, Tamarisk
        Peacock just to name a few that come readily to mind. Currently I have
        awkward neighbours so cannot put out my trap which is a bit of a bugger.
        However, I did notice when I went to the car this morning that there were
        spots of dust on the windscreen, indicating that winds had blown with rain
        from far south. What else can we expect? I would be incredibly grateful to
        anyone who catches something rare in South-eastern England for the chance to
        photograph it. Tamarisk Peacock and Porter's Rustic in good nick certainly
        spring to mind, as do Slender Burnished Brass and Stephens' Gem. Anyway,
        good luck to all who are lucky enough to be able to run traps.

        All the best

        Simon Davey

        A friend in East Cornwall trapped and photographed a Shining Marbled
        Pseudeustrotia candidula last night (19 Aug).

        I believe this may be the second British record following the Herefordshire
        one on 2006.

        Does anyone know of any other records?

        Leon
        Torpoint, Cornwall

      • stevenashhighworth
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 20, 2012
          Excellent record Leon. I'm not aware of any others, apart from the one in Sussex on the same night.

          Thanks to all of you for sharing your records.

          cheers

          Steve