My Gregoire Search...

  • Stephanie
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2006
      Please help me find the people who started this family. I am
      searching for a man named Ephrem Gregoire who married Mary Alphonsine
      Le Blanc on April 12,1883. She could be known by Alphonsine she might
      have dropped Mary from her name. Alphonsine was born May 16,1860. I
      do not know any information on their parents.
      To this union three children were born :
      Mary O. Gregoire DOB: August 17,1886.
      Victor Ephrem Gregoire DOB: March 2,1889, in Souix City, Iowa. Victor
      died November 14,1961, in Geddes, South Dakota.
      Mary Eugenia O. Gregoire DOB: October 24,1890, she might have been
      born in Iowa also. She went by Eugenia when she died December 27,
      1959, in Minnesota.
      I have no dates of Ephrem's birth, where he was born, or who was
      his parents. I do not know where Ephrem and Alphonsine were married.
      I do not know where their daughter Mary O. Gregoire was burried.
      Mary died from polio or something like that at age 12 or 13 (so that
      would be about 1898 or 1899).
      Ephrem might have came from Canada and the children might have
      all been born in Souix City, Iowa. The information that I have said
      that Ephrem and Alphonsine farmed in Canada but it does not say
      nothing else. Many girls were born with the first name Mary because
      back in the 1800's in Canada Mary was the name to name all little
      girls but as the girls grew up most went with their middle names as
      their legal names.
      Please if someone can help I would very much appreciate the
      help. Thank you and Blessings to you all.
    • kreaturx7@yahoo.com