Information about Linkville, Missouri

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 23, 2005
      Hello People,

      You've not heard from me in a while, there are reasons, but I
      need help now! I am
      helping a friend of mine, locate a family cemetery on a piece of
      property that is now a
      farm near the present town of Linkville, Missouri. He's lost, but I
      am more informed about
      such things, from working at a cemetery in my past! I suggested he
      look in his local in his
      county recorders division, the county surveyors office, the county
      roads division, plus any
      railroad or steamship lines that might have ran close to the property.
      I also suggested, since his great great grandfather died in Kansas
      City in 1903, that some
      of their records could be of some use, as in a referrence. What I am
      looking for, from
      some of your readers is, does anyone know of any monument companies
      in that area, any
      funeral homes that were in existance before 1910, any church members
      that were sons or
      grandson's of men who dug graves before that timeframe & anyone that
      may be a long
      standing family during the time of the mid 1860's to say around 1920!
      I know this is a lot
      of material to cover & right now I just got this information tonight,
      so bear with me, but I
      am on a quest now to help this guy & I need any little scrap of
      information you might
      know of that could pertain to this.
      I am also looking for anyone who knows anyone who has a metal
      detector in the Platte
      County area. I know this is a long stretch, but anything would help.

      Thanks for your time reading this & if you have any questions, you
      can e-mail me directly
      at my e-mail address above, but in the subject line, put Linkville
      Missouri on it, so I don't
      accidentally erase it thinking its junk!

      Thanks again, Jim Greene/Pleasant Hill, Missouri
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28, 2005
        I've seen these before, but never carved in granite:

        http://www.graveyards.com/tmp/hello.jpg

        (found it last week in Chicago).

        --
        hucke@...
        http://www.graveyards.com

        "The day will come when our silence will be more powerful than the
        voices you are throttling today." -- August Spies, 1887