Re: [MidwestCemeteries] Tombstone found in walkway of private home

  • Janet Personette
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2011
    Here is a bit of an update on the story.  http://www.nilesstar.com/2011/10/06/tombstone-identify-case-cracked/This morning a living relative of Jane went to see the marker.  It was being repaired while he was there.  To me the real mystery is who might have moved it 35 miles and why.  When the 'glue' is set the tape and clamps will come off.

    I love a good 'chase' and it has been fun to be part of finding more about this person.

    This message was left on Jane's Find A Grave page:  In memory of Jane McKibbin, my 3rd great-grandmother, who was a true pioneer. I know that she lived with her son Samuel after the death of her husband; Samuel was an attorney in Kosciusco County, Indiana, and he is the one who did her will. Jane and her husband braved the Atlantic to make a new home for themsleves in their new country. All but the last three of her children were born in Comber, County Down, Northern Ireland (it was England at that time).  It doesn't get much better than this for someone who loves that chase.

    Jan

    Mark your calendar NOW.  Open House at the dig will be August 13 & 14, 2011. 300 year old colonial fort found right here in Niles, Michigan:
    http://www.squidoo.com/Fort_St_Joseph_Niles_MI
    For more info visit  http://www.wmich.edu/fortstjoseph/open-house.html
    Support The Fort, Inc: http://www.supportthefort.net