Research in PA

  • purpleladymom
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2011
      For those doing PA research, here is an interesting link. http://mapsofpa.com/earlycountymaps
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2011
        On 2011-07-02 07:55, phantasm610 wrote:
        > Hello- i was just wondering if this group is still going.Scott

        Yes, but there hasn't been much activity here; I think most of the
        discussion is happening on the web sites and facebook pages of various
        graveyard explorers.

        I was in Central Illinois last month; explored graveyards in Paris,
        Mattoon, Charleston, Shelbyville, Arcola, Tuscola, Decatur, Monticello,
        Mount Sterling, Chandlerville and Jacksonville, and various points in
        between. It was very hot.

        --
        Matt Hucke (hucke@...), programmer.
        Graveyards of Illinois - http://graveyards.com/
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2011
          Hi, happy fourth

          Any info to share on those Illinois graveyards?  Shelbyville, Charleston and Mattoon?

          Remember the Lessley Cemetery in Houston which you looked at while waiting in traffic?  The Houston/Lessley Cemetery is my family's resting place.

          Peggy Fitzpatrick
          Collinsville, IL

          > Hello- i was just wondering if this group is still going.Scott

          Yes, but there hasn't been much activity here; I think most of the
          discussion is happening on the web sites and facebook pages of various
          graveyard explorers.

          I was in Central Illinois last month; explored graveyards in Paris,
          Mattoon, Charleston, Shelbyville, Arcola, Tuscola, Decatur, Monticello,
          Mount Sterling, Chandlerville and Jacksonville, and various points in
          between. It was very hot.

          --
          Matt Hucke (hucke@...), programmer.
          Graveyards of Illinois - http://graveyards.com/
          "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so." - D. Adams

        • Sarah_cat75
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3, 2011
            Hello Everyone...
            I too have noticed that the group was very quiet....

            Does anyone have any tips on cleaning headstones??
            Thanks,
            Sarah
          • Janet Personette
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 3, 2011
              Can you send a photo of the headstone before I give you some ideas?  Friends of Silverbrook cemetery does many of the headstones there.

              Jan

              Mark your calendar NOW.  Open House at the dig will be August 13 & 14, 2011. 300 year old colonial fort found right here in Niles, Michigan:
              http://www.squidoo.com/Fort_St_Joseph_Niles_MI
              For more info visit  http://www.wmich.edu/fortstjoseph/open-house.html
              Support The Fort, Inc: http://www.supportthefort.net