Vandalizing

  • JamesS
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2010
      One of the Cemeteries I'm in Charge of is no longer used as Vandals knocked over stones and even stole some so we have no records of where the stones go so we poured a slab and put all the markers on that . it's a very small Cemetery so we don't use it anymore.Once i awhile kids go up there and drink and throw there Beer Bottles at the stones .
      It out in the country and off the road so no one sees them at night .We have asked neighbors to call the Police if they see any cars going there after dark
    • Nancy Heck
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 14, 2010
        How sad that our young people have no regard for the sacred grounds of our ancestors.

      • jim247@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 14, 2010
          Yes .It is very sad

          On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 6:16 PM, JamesS <jim247@sbcglobal. net> wrote:

          One of the Cemeteries I'm in Charge of is no longer used as Vandals knocked over stones and even stole some so we have no records of where the stones go so we poured a slab and put all the markers on that . it's a very small Cemetery so we don't use it anymore.Once i awhile kids go up there and drink and throw there Beer Bottles at the stones .
          It out in the country and off the road so no one sees them at night .We have asked neighbors to call the Police if they see any cars going there after dark

        • Bill Piper
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 14, 2010
            To be fair, young people of past generations done the same thing.

            Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 4:34 PM

            Yes .It is very sad

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 14, 2010
              Im 36 i remember being fasinated with cemetaries as a child but never destructive. The curiosity of ghosts and the dead but we would never destroy belongs that didnt belong to us. I wonder at what point kids think that its ok to vandilize??? I guess at their age whatever it is they still must feel invinsible like they will never be laid to rest??? Like their parents will never be laid to rest??? I wish there was a way to educate children of today so they would learn respect and responsibility and common since! It seems the youngsters have lost that....society has lost that...unfortunately