  • PEGGY FITZPATRICK
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2009
      let's look at lessley cemetery again

      Peggy Fitzpatrick
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9, 2009
        It's basically the Tri-State Crematorium situation again:

        http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/07/sheriff-bodies-dug-up-dumped-at-cemetery.html

        Burr Oak is a flat-marker cemetery on the south side of Chicago, and the area's
        first cemetery created specifically for African-Americans.

        I visited in '03; the manager and her husband gave me a tour, focusing on historic
        burial sites like Emmett Till (the teenager lynched in Mississippi in the 1950s
        for whistling at a white woman) and blues musicians.

        The manager I spoke to then left soon after, and was not named at
        all in this indictment. That's a bit of a relief; she and her husband were
        very proud of their cemetery, and I can't see them being involved in
        something like this.

        --
        Matt Hucke (hucke@...), programmer.
        author, Graveyards of Illinois - http://graveyards.com/
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 9, 2009
          Hi Matt,. . . . . .Have the Houston Book 'almost' ready for print. . . .it will be $25.00. . . .someone in your group wanted one. . .have the conch shells on two pages. . . .Lessley Cemetery is there. . .  .

          Matt Hucke (hucke@cynico. net), programmer.
          author, Graveyards of Illinois - http://graveyards. com/
          CYNICO.NET - hosting from $8.33/month; domains $13 - http://cynico. net/

        • Tracy St Claire
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 9, 2009
            New estimate -- 200-300 bodies disinterred.

            Tracy