Come join me at Saving Pieces of History: Cemetery Preservation & Cemetery Care on IllinoisSavingGraves

  • Foxie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2009
      Network Email
      IllinoisSavingGraves
      Our Motto "PreservingIllinoisGravesOne@Grave@Time!!!" Help us Help YOU!
      Foxie
      Foxie has invited you to the event 'Saving Pieces of History: Cemetery Preservation & Cemetery Care' on IllinoisSavingGraves!

      from John Heider to me to you & everyone. happy days & thanks so much John.
      Foxie

      Saving Pieces of History: Cemetery Preservation & Cemetery Care Time: March 29, 2009 from 9am to 12pm
      Location: Urbana Free Library, Urbana, IL
      Organized By: John Heider

      Event Description:
      Below is an event I got from John Heider and which I'm planning on attending and looking forward to it. I have posted it here in case there is anyone else out there interested in attending.

      John I also used your photo as it wouldn't let me add the event without an image I do not understand that at all. But anyone can add an event if you have something going on. feel free you never know I might just show up. I like traveling around and also get to get some cemetery photos too while I do.
      Thanks John!!!

      There is a cemetery preservation workshop scheduled for March 29 through Parkland College, Champaign, Illinois. It is to be held on a Saturday in the Urbana Free Library, Urbana, Ill. from 9-12am. It can be viewed by clicking: www.parkland.edu and look under Recreation and Leisure.

      Saving Pieces of History:
      Cemetery Care and RestorationLearn cemetery care and grave stone repair from simple methods to complex techniques of stone restoration. Locate unmarked graves, grave description, and cemetery layout. Learn about the available resources, laws, and support groups. John Heider will show you cemetery care, preservation, and marker restoration. Find your past and preserve it.

      Sat Mar 28
      9am-12pm
      WCE---685-851
      Deadline Mar 20
      Fee: $25
      Location: UFL

      See more details and RSVP on IllinoisSavingGraves:
      http://illinoigsavinggraves.ning.com/events/event/show?id=2405851%3AEvent%3A2152&xgi=bN3gAoh
      About IllinoisSavingGraves
      Dedicated providing education & preserving&restoring endangered & forgotten cemeteries statewide-PreservingIllinoisGravesOne@Grave@Time
      IllinoisSavingGraves 50 members
      150 photos
      20 discussions
      26 blog posts

      To control which emails you receive on IllinoisSavingGraves, click here