Re: [MidwestCemeteries] Dixon Developmental Center Cemetery Updates

  • rivycat@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2008
      My husband's great-aunt was institutionalized at the Dixon State "Hospital" after her mother died in 1926.  Minnie Pankow lived there for almost 18 years until she died.  Minnie is not buried in the cemetery.  Thankfully her family brought her body back home and she is buried with her mother at Oakridge Cemetery in Hillside, Illinois.  Minnie was deaf, mute and considered mentally retarded.

      Carole

      In a message dated 11/5/2008 4:00:51 P.M. Central Standard Time, dixie61032@... writes:

      Tracy,
      where is the cemetery located in Dixon, and is it overgrown?  I work with many people who started out at Dixon State home years ago and I would like to pay a visit to the cemetery.
      Thanks,
      Dixie