Price Changes to Epitaphs Magazine

  • Minda
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2008
      Dear friends,

      *Sigh*

      I suppose it had to happen eventually--the prices of printing Epitaphs Magazine have
      gone up. This, of course, means that the cost of the magazine to you has also gone up.
      I'm not happy about this, but am considering ways to bring the costs down without
      lowering the integrity of the magazine.

      The price of the full-color magazine at 28 pages is now $15.98 plus $5.90
      shipping/handling. And the $5.90 is the media mail rate (which is another jack in prices).
      This shocked me when I discovered it today while placing orders for customers. I actually
      had to pay out money to cover the increase in costs to send the magazine out to someone!
      It's not like EM is a big money-maker anyway, but that's ridiculous.

      What I would like now are your opinions. How can I save this magazine from disappearing?

      An easy way to cut costs is to go back to a black-and-white format. The cover would still
      be in color, but the insides would not be any longer.

      If color is an issue, then perhaps cutting back on pages is the answer.

      I can look into another online publisher as well. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to
      them. The stipulation is that it must be a print-on-demand publisher like Lulu.com (who
      I'm using now). I cannot afford to the issues in bulk like I did with the first four issues.

      I want to hear from you, the readers and supporters of EM, before I make a decision. Until
      then, know that I am doing what I can to continue making EM the best magazine it can be.

      Sincerely,
      Minda

      10/28/08

      www.TheCemeteryClub.com