Re: [MidwestCemeteries] Re: Interesting find in Bachelor's Grove

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 27, 2008

      > The Sterling stone is located to the left of the Fulton stone...I
      > haven't found it in any other pictures of the same shot of the Fulton
      > stone. The base is there but the marker isn't. I'll upload some
      > pictures tonight.

      Yes, it certainly looks like that monument was recently repaired.

      In 1996 it was just the base, and it looked like the vertical part was snapped off:
      http://www.graveyards.com/IL/Cook/bachelors/fulton.html

      Here's a 2004 close-up of it:
      (I think this is the same monument, because it's close to Fulton, and from the position
      of the small tree next to it)
      http://www.graveyards.com/IL/Cook/bachelors/2004-base.html

      and now, as you've shown, it's restored:

      hucke@... - http://www.graveyards.com