Re: Interesting find in Bachelor's Grove

  • killa0038
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 22, 2008
      --- In MidwestCemeteries@yahoogroups.com, vickie0213@... wrote:

      > Im curious which stone you found
      > **************BUY Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
      on DVD
      > today!
      > (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1209326865x1200539441/aol?
      redir=http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html)

      The Sterling stone is located to the left of the Fulton stone...I
      haven't found it in any other pictures of the same shot of the Fulton
      stone. The base is there but the marker isn't. I'll upload some
      pictures tonight.
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 27, 2008

        > The Sterling stone is located to the left of the Fulton stone...I
        > haven't found it in any other pictures of the same shot of the Fulton
        > stone. The base is there but the marker isn't. I'll upload some
        > pictures tonight.

        Yes, it certainly looks like that monument was recently repaired.

        In 1996 it was just the base, and it looked like the vertical part was snapped off:
        http://www.graveyards.com/IL/Cook/bachelors/fulton.html

        Here's a 2004 close-up of it:
        (I think this is the same monument, because it's close to Fulton, and from the position
        of the small tree next to it)
        http://www.graveyards.com/IL/Cook/bachelors/2004-base.html

        and now, as you've shown, it's restored:

        hucke@... - http://www.graveyards.com