New things @ Illinois Saving Graves!!!

  • FOXIE
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2008
      Good Morning fellow list members
      On this wet and snowy day in Knox co., IL. We are having a snow storm
      here with much snow covering the ground already with ice underneath
      from yesterdays Rain ans then turning to sluch. It's just been such a
      mess here.

      http://www.usgennet.org/usa/il/state2/index.htm
      Illinois Saving Graves Index page.

      If you have been following along here we are having a Dowsing Aka
      Witching Glasses being scheduled for in different counties of the
      State. One in Peoria is May 17, 2008, another one tentatively
      according to the weather is set for Feb 24, 2008 if weather is bad it
      will be March 08, 2008. And along with this one is a web page.

      Lake County now has a county page with information on what Cathy
      Spencer is doing in her area. You may access the web page by going to
      the index page of Illinois Saving Graves then to the county page and
      then to Lake county and then clicking on God's Acre. Cathy I got the
      old tombstone photos online last night too. It is awesome!!! Thanks
      so much Cathy and will try and get the rest of it on there today too.

      There is a new web site at Cook Co., IL. the Mt. Hope Cemetery
      contributed by Dorothea. She sent me photos and much of her
      frustration. there seems to be a very very big problem of weather
      here with water drainage that is wrecking people's last resting place
      so please take a look. the address of the cemetery is on the page so
      you may also send off your comments on the condition they are keeping
      the cemetery in. Thanks!!

      Tracy St. Claire has contributed for two counties Rev. War Soldiers
      buried in Will Co., and Ogle County which are now both online. I'm
      not sure if Tracey is member of our list or not I've met her on
      another list I'm on for cemeteries. But thanks Tracy I love
      reconizing the Veterans and especially the ones who fought in the
      American Revolutionary War. Because without them we would not have
      our world as of today or even be able to be holding this election
      this year. Thank you for the contributions on them.

      I'm also busy reading up on the on coming classes on the Dowsing and
      trying to learn a few things. My husband thinks I'm insane but what
      the heck you just never know in this world what will work. Just look
      at the kind of weather we've been having this winter.

      Anyone else out there have anything to add or want to put up let me
      know. By the looks of things outside I'm not going anywhere today or
      tomorrow probably.

      Now I would also like everyone to just take a moment of Silent prayer
      for those who lost their lives in the Tornados that swept the
      southern States and give thanks to the ones who survived.
      Thanks for reading this.
      Happy Days, Stay warm, & Stay Safe.
      Foxie Your host.
      Vice-Pres Knox Co Genealogical Society
      Warren Co. Historical Society
      Lucretia Leffingwell Chapter, NSDAR
      Mary Todd Lincoln Tent #48
      http://www.myspace.com/foxie_hagerty
      http://www.usgennet.org/usa/il/county/knox/
      http://www.usgennet.org/usa/il/county/warren/
      http://www.usgennet.org/usa/il/state2/index.htm
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilhca/index.html
    • FOXIE
      Message 2 of 2 , May 20, 2008
        GOOD AFTERNOON FELLOW RESEARCHERS;

        nEWS FROM iLLINOIS SAVING GRAVES

        Adams co., IL has new photos online for Ellington Home Cemetery,
        Independence, Newtown Cemeteries photos by Host Linda McGee. I think I
        have finally gotten all the links in the right places plus the right
        people who took photos on the right pages. Alice AuAusmus sent photos
        to me and I in turn sent them to Linda to be put on the Leirly
        Cemetery. There are two of these cemeteries with the spelling almost
        the same. Thank you Alice for sending in the photos anyone who has
        photos they would like to share with other people be sure and email
        them to me or if too many put on a cd and can mail them. I will be
        working on pages on and off have many to get online. Carole and Al
        Martin have sent me some I also need to get online plus, and update
        for the Tazewell co., IL from Steve Slaughter and he has another one
        coming out meaning a cd pretty soon.

        As some of you know I will be going to Mt. Vernon, Jefferson co., IL
        May 31, 2008. for a Dowsing class in a cemetery there. I'm excited
        about this also going to be checking on a couple of cemeteries in
        adjoining counties I just need to find my emails on account of I've
        misplaced my adgenda calendar daughter thinks hubby threw it in the
        trash right at the moment I have no idea where it is just wish I had
        it. and then on June 28, 2008--- we are going to have one of these
        same
        classes with a cemetery walk or something in the Springdale Cemetery
        Peoria, Co., IL the cemetery is in Peoria on Prospect Street. am
        excited about that also.

        Also, in between will be going to a few places to get my own family
        information and take more cemetery photos in other states one being NE
        the first one this summer. right after I get back from Mt. Vernon, IL.
        Can't wait have waited over twenty years to find my 3rd great
        grandfather's last resting place and now I have just need to visit it
        for myself now.

        Cathy, Lake Co., I got your email just havent' had a chance to answer
        it.
        the guy said you were to be strapped to the bull dozer on public TV.
        If
        it was me I would be as close to it as I could be beings he siad that.
        It is an awful task and i hope they don't do what we talked about We
        or
        rather you have worked so hard in order to save this little plot and
        I'm not sure what will happen if they even came across anything.
        Probably just ignore it. Oh, and so you know our school quit on their
        consolidation process with another school. Surprise Surprise to me. I
        just wish it had been better people are going to wish they had paid
        more attention when it all over with. If you want to know more about
        what we are talking about check out this site plus click on photos
        click here on the first page. that was our dowsning we, Kathy and I
        and
        Tom Smith did in Lake co., IL. in April of this year. I put as many
        photos online as I think I took if not can check. Cathy, still want a
        copy of the DVD that guy took. I haven't recieved it yet and I would
        like it uncut.
        http://www.usgennet.org/usa/il/state2/lake_gods_acre.htm
        to Cathy's info. on this page & dowsing photos on this link
        http://www.usgennet.org/usa/il/state2/lake_gods_acre0.htm
        other links at bottom of post for other web sites and Illinois Saving
        Graves main site.

        Well, have to finish supper and am going to post this on another list
        probably a couple of them.
        Happy Cemetery Hunting to everyone.
        let's also hear what you are doing.
        Want to visit the peckenpaugh in Warren co., IL. before the end of the
        month if that is at all possible????
        Your Host
        Me-- Foxie Hagerty
        1635 Sherwood Road