Cemetery conference in northwest Illinois area?

  • Minda
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2008
      Cemetery conference in northwest Illinois area?
      One of my goals for Epitaphs Magazine is to one day host a cemetery conference in my
      area (northwest Illinois/Quad Cities area). For all you cemetery lovers out there, would this
      be something of interest to you? If so, what types of things would you like to learn about?

      - Cemetery history
      - Preservation
      - Gravestone rubbing
      - Tours
      - How to start your own cemetery walk
      - Etc. ???

      Obviously this wouldn't be as in-depth as the AGS conferences, but it could become
      something.

      Any feedback, pro or con, is welcome.

      E-mail me at: minda.epitaphsmag@...

      Thanks!
      Minda
      www.TheCemeteryClub.com
    • Ella Jay
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 13, 2008
        Let me show you my Illinois geography stupidity ... what is
        the "northwest Illinois/Quad Cities area"?

        If I can get there (from Missouri) then I'm interested.

        I actually offered a course through my local adult education program on
        some of these topics.

        peace
      • Minda Powers-Douglas
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 13, 2008
          Hi! If you look at Illinois on the map, look at the
          west side where the Mississippi River runs down the
          length. If you start at the top, go down until the
          river runs east to west. That's where the Quad Cities
          is located. The Quad Cities include Moline and Rock
          Island on the Illinois side and Davenport and
          Bettendorf on the Iowa side of the river.

          Depending on where you are in Missouri, you may not be
          really all that far away.

          Hope that helps!

          Minda

          www.TheCemeteryClub.com

          --- Ella Jay <ella_jay_sings@...> wrote:

          > Let me show you my Illinois geography stupidity ...
          > what is
          > the "northwest Illinois/Quad Cities area"?
          >
          > If I can get there (from Missouri) then I'm
          > interested.
          >
          > I actually offered a course through my local adult
          > education program on
          > some of these topics.
          >

          > peace

          Minda Powers-Douglas
          Epitaphs Magazine
          PO Box 1163
          Moline, IL 61266-1163

          minda@...

          www.TheCemeteryClub.com

          Now available: "Cemetery Walk" by Minda Powers-Douglas
          Journey into the cemetery and beyond in this fascinating book.
          Purchase your copy today from AuthorHouse Publishing
          http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail~bookid~27291.aspx

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • raindrop raindrop
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 14, 2008
            Anyone from Iowa or Iowa City planning to attend?
            I want to take off work for this:)
            Let me know.. iowaleeann@...
            Went to Sedona Arizona over New Year and saw the
            Cemetry there. Alot of artwork there.
            Has anyone been to the one in Sedona Arizona?
            Lee Ann

            To: MidwestCemeteries@yahoogroups.com
            From: ella_jay_sings@...
            Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 00:07:30 +0000
            Subject: [MidwestCemeteries] Re: Cemetery conference in northwest Illinois area?

            Let me show you my Illinois geography stupidity ... what is
            the "northwest Illinois/Quad Cities area"?

            If I can get there (from Missouri) then I'm interested.

            I actually offered a course through my local adult education program on
            some of these topics.

            peace

            Share life as it happens with the new Windows Live. Start sharing!