Steve Goodman - under home plate, or not?

  • adgorn1
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2007
      In the "99 Things" article in the Chicago Tribune today it says:

      When a die-hard Cubs fan dies, can the fan get his or her ashes
      scattered at Wrigley Field? No. Even Goodman didn't get that honor,
      according to "Steve Goodman: Facing the Music" by Clay Eals. But
      Goodman's admirers surreptitiously scattered some of his ashes at the
      ballpark anyway.

      So is the under-home-plate story just a myth??

      btw see:

      http://books.google.com/books?
      id=i2WOQcBx0SwC&pg=PA198&lpg=PA198&dq=steve+goodman+wrigley+field+ashes&
      source=web&ots=08QLqb3-FG&sig=UJGkNKGYrbhbJdfhbVPuex-H3UY#PPA198,M1

      for the appropriate section from Graveyards of Chicago.
      Alan
    • gpepin@agraveconcern.org
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2007
        I thought it was true too; look here: