Re: Picture

  • skippyrhino
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007
      Children's Monument in Calvary Cemetery, St. Louis, Missouri

      Yes! Calvary and Bellfonatine are some of the most spectacular
      cemeteries we have ever visited. And they are right across the
      street from one another, so, visiting both is easy! Be prepared to
      spend a lot of time enjoying all the beauty in these places!

      The monument you are referring to is the Sarpy monument. Please
      visit http://www.bellamorte.net/Calvary_STL_MO.html to read more.
      If you click on the gallery, you'll see two photos of the monument
      in question. We have more and would be happy to share them with
      anyone who may be interested!

      Please explore our website (www.bellamorte.net) and please sign the
      Guest Book when you do! And send your friends!

      All the Best,

      Bella Morte

      --- In MidwestCemeteries@yahoogroups.com, Karen <kmck2002@...> wrote:

      > I've seen these graves. I don't remember any info about the baby
      in
      > the crib. Could someone enlighten me please? Bellfontaine and
      > Calvary are spectacular. And the best part is they are next to
      each
      > other.
      > On Jun 3, 2007, at 9:54 AM, Matt Hucke wrote:
      >

      > > > Is this a picture of a child's grave? I remember seeing it
      before
      > > but
      > > > can't remember where!
      > >
      > > The picture on the Yahoo group site?
      > >
      > > That's one of the Morrison boys at Calvary, St. Louis. There are
      two
      > > monuments there, portraying sick children. The younger of the
      two sits
      > > in a crib, the older one in a wheelchair. Both are
      spectacularly
      > > detailed,
      > > but weathering has severely damaged them, especially their faces.
      > >
      > > The monuments are smaller - only coming up to my waist, if I
      recall
      > > correctly. They're located a section or two away from the grave
      of
      > > General William Tecumseh Sherman.
      > >
      > > --
      > > hucke@... - http://www.graveyards.com
      > >
      > > It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the
      Leaf
      > > of China
      > > that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the
      shaking
      > > becomes
      > > a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

    • Sarah_cat75
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2007
        Wow,
        Thank you for the link to that cemetery! That is so cool! Just imagine how long it took to build some of those monuments(not to mention the money!) Well thank you again.
        Sarah,
        p.s. are there anymore cemeteries like that? I know of one here in Portland, but nothing fancy like that!