Welcome to the new MidwestCemeteries mailing list.

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2005
      I've created this list today to supercede ChicagoA
      ndMidwestCemeteries.

      The old mailing list was "orphaned" because the owner, Adipocere, no
      longer has access to his Yahoo account. Although I had moderator
      powers there, and could approve messages and new members, without an
      active owner there was a danger that Yahoo might have unexpectedly
      deleted the group. Hence, we thought it best to get a fresh start. I
      wrote to Adi a few days ago, asking about a name change, and he
      recommended a completely new list.

      There were 75 subscribers to the old list, and I've invited all of
      them today to join this new list. Some of those accounts are probably
      defunct, but I'll be monitoring the list closely to ensure that all of
      the active participants make the transition.

      With this new start comes a name change - it is now simply
      MidwestCemeteries. Although there will still be plenty of Chicago
      content here, I hope that this change will result in more members from
      outside Illinois. I plan to ask the webmasters of other regional
      sites (in Ohio, Milwaukee, and elsewhere) to join our list and help
      advertise it.

      The states listed in the description are those that are in the
      "Midwest" according to the definition found on Wikipedia
      (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwest). I'm sure we'll occasionally
      talk about graveyards elsewhere, but these states should be our
      primary focus.

      The photo presently on the list's home page is from Calvary Cemetery,
      St. Louis - a statue of a young boy in a superbly detailed wheelchair.

      Thanks for re-joining,
      Matt - http://www.graveyards.com/