Re: Epitaphs #4 is ready!

  • no data given
    Message 1 of 16 , May 10, 2007
      Minda-
      Never heard of it. Tell me more. Is it a new technology instrument
      or software in doing more research or finding cemetery markings?
      T/Miccki from MI.

      -- In MidwestCemeteries@yahoogroups.com, "Minda" <poetrychick_99@...>
      wrote:

      > Epitaphs #4 is here!
      >
      > At long last, Epitaphs Magazine issue #4 is finished and ready to
      send!

      > If you are a subscriber or have ordered a copy, it will be on its
      way to you next week.

      > If you want a copy, order it now. Copies are limited, and when they
      are gone, they are
      > gone.
      >
      > Buy your copy now by sending $8 (U.S. buyers) or $12 (international
      buyers) via PayPal to
      > minda@...
      >
      > p.s.
      > Exciting news about the future of Epitaphs Magazine is on the way.
      Stay tuned to the
      > website for more info!
      >
      > -Minda
      > www.TheCemeteryClub.com

    • no data given
      Message 2 of 16 , May 10, 2007
        Matt and/or Listers:
        This is T/Mickki from MI. If you happen to go to Oakwoods and/or
        Lincoln Cemetery in Chicago-let me know, please. I am trying to find
        someone whom God will touch their heart and be kind to share who can
        send me scanned free gravesite photo(s) of a few of my deceased
        relatives to my email inbox ASAP. RE:RIVERS-SINGLETON and FITE under
        rootsweb messageboards. I have given their gravesite locations! Hope
        you or someone can help me. Thanks in advance.Being trying since
        Spring 2001-no luck yet-with Chicagocemeteriesphotos@yahoogroups.com
        and now Midwestcemeteries-nothing as yet. Still expecting my blessing
        and miracle from God-not giving up.Hitting a brick wall.Praying and
        believing for that open door. That would be a godsent angel.

        In MidwestCemeteries@yahoogroups.com, Matt Hucke <hucke@...> wrote:

        > Now that spring is here, what graveyard expeditions are you
        planning, or
        > have already done?
        >
        > I won't be able to get out for another week or two - I have two
        jobs and
        > am also a student (of Roman history). But when the university term
        > finishes in about two weeks, I will almost immediately do some
        graveyard
        > exploration.
        >
        > I'll do a few one-day trips right away, probably to McHenry County
        > (northwest of Chicago) and Lake County, Indiana (southeast of
        Chicago).
        > Those are both areas that are close by, yet I have still not yet
        > thoroughly explored.
        >
        > Later in the summer, I plan to do at least one or two multi-day
        trips
        > through Illinois. One of my main projects for this year is to find
        > the graves of more Illinois governors and Senators, which means
        > several trips to the southern part of the state.
        >
        > Does anyone else have some interesting trips planned?
        >
        > --
        > hucke@... - http://www.graveyards.com
        >
        > It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the Leaf
        of China
        > that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking
        becomes
        > a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

      • Minda Powers-Douglas
        Message 3 of 16 , May 11, 2007
          Hi, T/Miccki from MI

          Epitaphs Magazine is a magazine for cemetery lovers by
          cemetery lovers. You can find out more about it at
          www.TheCemeteryClub.com.

          Thanks!
          Minda

          --- no data given <holy_woman_of_god_7@...>
          wrote:

          > Minda-
          > Never heard of it. Tell me more. Is it a new
          > technology instrument
          > or software in doing more research or finding
          > cemetery markings?
          > T/Miccki from MI.
          >
          > -- In MidwestCemeteries@yahoogroups.com, "Minda"
          > <poetrychick_99@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Epitaphs #4 is here!
          > >
          > > At long last, Epitaphs Magazine issue #4 is
          > finished and ready to
          > send!
          > >
          > > If you are a subscriber or have ordered a copy, it
          > will be on its
          > way to you next week.
          > >
          > > If you want a copy, order it now. Copies are
          > limited, and when they
          > are gone, they are
          > > gone.
          > >
          > > Buy your copy now by sending $8 (U.S. buyers) or
          > $12 (international
          > buyers) via PayPal to
          > > minda@...
          > >
          > > p.s.
          > > Exciting news about the future of Epitaphs
          > Magazine is on the way.
          > Stay tuned to the
          > > website for more info!
          > >
          > > -Minda
          > > www.TheCemeteryClub.com

          Minda Powers-Douglas
          Epitaphs Magazine
          PO Box 1163
          Moline, IL 61266-1163

          minda@...

          www.TheCemeteryClub.com

          Now available: "Cemetery Walk" by Minda Powers-Douglas
          Journey into the cemetery and beyond in this fascinating book.
          Purchase your copy today from AuthorHouse Publishing
          http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail~bookid~27291.aspx

          http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265
          Message 4 of 16 , May 22, 2007
            I'll be travelling to Bloomington, Illinois in a few weeks. As part of my
            mission to collect governors and Senators, I'll explore Bloomington for a day
            (I've been to Evergreen there before, so that will be a quick), stay in a hotel
            in Bloomington or Champaign that night, then go back to Chicago via
            Dwight and Kankakee.

            Any recommendations for graveyards of exceptional beauty or history
            in that area?

            --
            hucke@... - http://www.graveyards.com

          • Tony Cannon
            Message 5 of 16 , May 23, 2007

              Evergreen is richest in history and probably my favorite in town.

              Tony Cannon

              awcannon@...

              hucke@cynico. net - http://www.graveyar ds.com

              Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool.http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48518/*http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/;_ylc=X3oDMTE3NWsyMDd2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDY2FyLWZpbmRlcg--hot CTA = Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool

              Message 6 of 16 , May 23, 2007
                > Evergreen is richest in history and probably my favorite in town.

                Evergreen is wonderful. I've been there three times, I think; I usually
                stop there while driving between Chicago and St. Louis. My favourite
                feature there is the small hillside in, I think, the northwest corner,
                with two or three mausolea built into its side.

                (Hillside mausolea are rare in the Chicago area - everything's too
                flat here. There are about eight or ten built into either side of
                a ridge in Forest Home, two at Mount Hope, three in Elgin... that's
                all I can recall. Thus it's always wonderful to find more; being
                half-buried, they're so much more ancient and "sepulchral" in
                atmosphere than the free-standing ones.)

                On my next trip there, I want to find Senator Fifer, who is underneath
                a flat marker in what looks like a modern memorial park cemetery,
                a few blocks west of Evergreen.

                Message 7 of 16 , May 23, 2007

                  Fifer is buried in Park Hill Cemetery.

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 23, 2007
                    > Fifer is buried in Park HillCemetery.

                    Right - I've seen a photo of his marker on FindAGrave, but no location
                    information within the cemetery was provided. Do you know the section
                    number, or any nearby landmarks?

                    Message 9 of 16 , May 23, 2007

                      Not right off, but I can find out.  I am the one that took the photo for Find A Grave (you would think I would remember).  I can let you know via email.

                      Tony