Re: [MidwestCemeteries] Cavehill

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2007
      Great site!  I'll check out the Madison cemetery too.
      On Apr 30, 2007, at 10:03 AM, Donna wrote:

      Madison, In. has a really niceold one as well. I can't remember name just that it is off Elm street. There are a bunch of 1700 (late) ones all bunched together but what is really unique are the stones going way up the hill and I mean way up. There are stones peeking out oof the woods and high on a hill are 2 sets of monuments. I went up last year and had to grabbed bushes etc. to get to the top and coming down I literally slid on my fanny.
      Cincinnati has some good ones as well. I am lucky in that my son likes the stones as well as I do. He has quite a few on his sight   www.timelessillussions.com  go to it and click on cmemteries.

      On 4/29/07, Karen <kmck2002@bellsouth.net> wrote:

      Yes, Cavehill is a wonderful "rural" cemetery. I grew up one block
      away. I plan on visiting a few of the Cincinnati "oldies". I'm
      trying to convert my son into a graveyard fan. I'm getting there!