Trying to find southwest suburban forest preserve cemetery

  • xl3381
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2006
      Hi- I'm trying to locate a cemetery that my father took me to as a
      child. Going by my rusty memory of the place it seems it was located
      in or near a south/southwest suburban forst preserve. It was very
      small and apparently abandoned at the time. I recall it being
      surrounded by your traditional forest preserve type wooded fence.
      Someone at another web site suggested I check out Sauerbier -
      Burkhardt. I was quite excited to get this information as it seemed
      to match my "requirements". Well, I checked the place out last Sunday
      and was disapponted that it wasn't the graveyard I remembered, :( I
      wonder if perhaps my recollection isn't accurate. Anyway, is anyone
      familiar with a location that matches the above?? If not, can anyone
      offer advice about how to find a small forgotten area like this?

      Thanks for your help- Karen

      PS...it's not Bachelor's Grove either...