Re: [MidwestCemeteries] Aurora -Kane County suggestions??

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2006
      On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, kreaturx7 wrote:

      > I just moved out to the Aurora, IL area. Any suggestions on which
      > cemeteries to visit first?

      I haven't explored all of the graveyards around Aurora yet. Here's a
      list, with photos for those that I've been to:

      http://www.graveyards.com/bin/grave?county=Kane,IL

      Of these, I like Spring Lake the best - it has some elements of an elite
      Victorian cemetery.

      Wheaton Cemetery - which is not too far from Aurora - is also excellent.

      I think I need to revisit the area, perhaps in the next few weeks, and
      complete the list.

      --
      hucke@...
      http://www.graveyards.com

      "What is the difference? What indeed is the point? ...The
      clarity is devastating. But where is the ambiguity? It's
      over there, in a box." -- J. Cleese
    • Gail Pepin
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2006

        Plainfield Cemetery is not too far from Aurora and has quite a few interesting monuments. It’s a very old cemetery that is still in use.

        Lots of old stones, tree type stones, Civil War, White Bronze etc…

        Attached is a recent picture that I took there, hope it comes through.

        Gail

        I just moved out to the Aurora , IL area. Any suggestions on which
        cemeteries to visit first?

        Thanks a bunch!!!